Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-10-2008, 02:49 AM   #431
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: [OOC] In Nomine: the Mile Higher Club

Doing a little research for the chat on Sunday...revisiting the stuff about Marty's condition (he's based loosely on a guy I know, who I've lost touch with), and on our Loa.

As you might imagine, there are a couple hundred different pages on that. Ironic that just now the radio is playing "The House of the Rising Sun"...the gods sometimes are alive. So I'm treading delicately, trying to err to pop culture as opposed to authentic religion. For the purposes of MHC, cultural popularity does translate to ethereal power, as it's one serious source of Essence. Much of it is wasted in inconsistent images, but there's enough sheer volume in a million screaming Elvis fans that at least a thousand of them will be sending to that hunka lburning' love.

At the moment I'm using "The Seven African Powers" as my blueprint. http://altreligion.about.com/library.../aa110702a.htm is the link of the moment. They're pan-African orishas as opposed to Santerian loa, but the pantheon is far simpler and can encompass the latter. For instance, Oya of storms, lightning, and cemeteries encompasses Maman Brigitte and thus also encompasses her fearful husband, our own villain Baron Samedi.

To this I'll tack on, as I've set a precedent, that there are families of Loa:
Quote:
There are three main "families," or classes of Loa, sometimes called Nations. Rada are the original African Loas. They are gentle, beneficient. The Petro (Petwo) are fiery, vengeful aspects, patrons of the slave revolutions of Haiti. They are named for Don Pedro, a principal in the Haitian slave rebellion. The third family, Ghede, "Les Morts," are spirits of the dead.
from http://altreligion.about.com/od/afri...ealvoodooo.htm

Now I just have to figure out how Yemaya fits in, being an ocean divinity in a game universe whose ocean archangel is significantly dead...

As always, if this contradicts something I've set down earlier, please call it to my attention. It's possible a character was lying. It's more likely I've made a mistake that I need to fix before showtime.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #432
tHEhERETIC

Argh. Sylver's chat room is down, and Sylver herself is in Ireland. It's possible she'll get it fixed in the next two days, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have easy enough access to AIM, Yahoo, and IRC. I can get a Pyramid account quickly enough to use the in-house chats. What should we do?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #433
ladyarcana55

I can do Yahoo or AIM. If you need me to get another account, that's fine too. Up to you.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #434
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Argh. Sylver's chat room is down, and Sylver herself is in Ireland. It's possible she'll get it fixed in the next two days, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have easy enough access to AIM, Yahoo, and IRC. I can get a Pyramid account quickly enough to use the in-house chats. What should we do?
Well I have AIM which plays nicely enough with ICQ, could probably get Yahoo if I needed to, but nothing that I have to pay for right now.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #435
Puck

Hi guys,

It turns out that I won't be able to make tommorows chat :< I forgot I was due over at a friends house that morning. Hope you get something worked out and have fun!

Last edited by Puck; 10-11-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #436
RadLilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC

I'll be at work, which would be fine to just hop on Sylver's chat, but I don't have any IM programs installed there and can't do that without getting in trouble. I'll need something web browser based.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:39 PM   #437
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim
I'll be at work, which would be fine to just hop on Sylver's chat, but I don't have any IM programs installed there and can't do that without getting in trouble. I'll need something web browser based.
AIM has a browser version that doesn't require instalation, but I don't know if it can do the group chat. Gmail- can do group chat- but not with other messangers so if we all have a gmail account we could do it with them.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:43 AM   #438
tHEhERETIC

Looks like Sylver and co. have fixed the problem.

Web based...mibbit.com is a web IRC interface. Count that as a backup if need be. If we need it, I'll post server and room here.

Right now mibbit server, #mhc room works, without me having to register it.

---add--- post #431, the second link should read (or at least you should add)
http://www.luckymojo.com/sevenafricanpowers.html

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-12-2008 at 04:46 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:19 PM   #439
tHEhERETIC

--pout-- Missed you all. (It's 5:20, I'm going back to bed)
Old 10-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #440
ladyarcana55

???

I thought I was supposed to hop on 2PM PST?

7 PM GMT-5?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine