Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #11
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Re: Ogre Archaeology

That hypothetical future biographer - assuming we are far enough in the future that details get lost - is going to go CRAZY just sorting me out from the British Steve Jackson.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #12
ColBosch

Maybe if you hadn't written those Fighting Fantasy books, he or she would have an easier time of it...
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #13
CON_Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
That hypothetical future biographer - assuming we are far enough in the future that details get lost - is going to go CRAZY just sorting me out from the British Steve Jackson.
I recall seeing a photo of you and the other Steve Jackson in an issue of Space Gamer. You were both wrestling over a cardboard banner with the Steve Jackson Games logo on it. Bet THAT won't help any poor future biographer...

Last edited by CON_Troll; 01-10-2018 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
CON_Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #14
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
You know, the funny thing is, I really liked HIS work too. "There's something in a name..." apparently.

Coincidentally, he apparently re-wrote his Fighting Fantasy books into an actual RPG system (Advanced Fighting Fantasy) not too long ago, and started selling them again. (I don't know if you are aware or not, but he gives credit to "the American Steve Jackson" for creating the programmed adventure format with Death Test.) And then Dave Morris re-released Dragon Warriors in a much reworked (but still highly evocative) form not too long ago too. And now Triplanetary!?! It seems like this OSR/Retro thing is completely out of hand! ;-)

Last edited by JLV; 01-10-2018 at 10:55 PM.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote