Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 03-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #471
stefanj

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Maybe the report has been delayed because there are cool and exciting Reveals to be announced at GAMA.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #472
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Steve has been very, very busy with many things. The report will happen, we just can't say exactly when it will happen.

As to GAMA show announcements . . .

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=124221

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/M...Munchkin_Panic

Last edited by philreed; 03-20-2014 at 08:51 AM.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #473
mehrkat

I'm pretty excited about the munchkin Castle Panic crossover. It sounds really cool.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:12 AM   #474
Ashley

Wake me up when they come to the Ogre map expansions and other cool and groovy Ogre miniatures they plan to release, or more variant 3D cardboard sheets for the Ninja etc.

Blogs:
http://panther6actual.blogspot.co.uk/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:38 AM   #475
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Yes, we're overdue. Perhaps we won't be quite as late as last year. Perhaps we will. I'm working on it, and there's a lot to tell.

Harking back to where this thread was before the punning started: I, too, would like to see some cogent analysis of where the hobby (hobbies?) are going. There was a 20-year stretch back there where I was one of the best-informed people you might get to talk about that. That stretch is over. I dived so deeply into my own projects that I don't know nearly enough about everyone else's. I'd defer to Phil, Lenny, Andrew, and probably a couple of others, just in my own office, for the broad view of the hobby.

So questions for you, Gentle Readers:

Who would *you* nominate as a source of that "broad view" in this year of 2014? Parameters: Must be knowledgeable and at least somewhat even-handed, or why bother? Must have a "bully pulpit" - these days, probably a blog - that reaches a lot of people and, preferably, allows for reader feedback.

And what would you say were the big events in the hobby this year, other than the obvious "Kickstarter changed everything"? The ones that loom largest to me were "Ogre shipped," and an intense local weather event, and honestly? There must have been bigger news for the hobby as a whole.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:43 AM   #476
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
So questions for you, Gentle Readers:

Who would *you* nominate as a source of that "broad view" in this year of 2014? Parameters: Must be knowledgeable and at least somewhat even-handed, or why bother? Must have a "bully pulpit" - these days, probably a blog - that reaches a lot of people and, preferably, allows for reader feedback.
I'd nominate Kenneth Hite and Robin Laws. They seem pretty tied into the hobby. Ken even used to write a column on it. I think he claims to be less tied in than he used to be, but he's still pretty aware of the hobby in general. They also have a weekly podcast and allow comments. They'd be the first people I'd think of if I wanted someone to broadcast something about the state of the hobby.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #477
rlbeaver

Somewhat violating your conditions, I'll go out on a limb

I'd go with representation from history and representation from the two companies that are as successful as you can get in this industry...so with that, I'd nominate:

Ryan Dancy - He recently gave a great history on theprgsite of the state of things at the point of the TSR sale to WotC, the creation of the OGL, etc. It's great to see how things changed at that point to get where we are with regards to D&D and Pathfinder.

Lisa Stevens - Well, it's Paizo

Mike Mearls - Wizard's hope for a 5th edition

Last edited by rlbeaver; 04-07-2014 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Added caveat since I violated the conditions to try and avoid flaming
rlbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #478
Gorkamorka
Ceci n'est pas un hyperlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
I'd nominate Kenneth Hite and Robin Laws. They seem pretty tied into the hobby. Ken even used to write a column on it. I think he claims to be less tied in than he used to be, but he's still pretty aware of the hobby in general. They also have a weekly podcast and allow comments. They'd be the first people I'd think of if I wanted someone to broadcast something about the state of the hobby.
I second Ken and Rob (Talk about stuff).

Another option might be Fred Hicks from Evil Hat.

Third might be Wil Wheaton from Table top...But good luck pulling that off.
Gorkamorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #479
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Oh, TableTop, absolutely - not as an in-depth study of trends, but a good sampling of what's being played out there in the short-games category, engagingly presented.

WRT modifying my conditions: Sure! It's a discussion.

When you recommend somebody, post a URL or other way that the rest of us can locate and benefit from the wisdom . . .
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #480
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Oh, TableTop, absolutely - not as an in-depth study of trends, but a good sampling of what's being played out there in the short-games category, engagingly presented.

WRT modifying my conditions: Sure! It's a discussion.

When you recommend somebody, post a URL or other way that the rest of us can locate and benefit from the wisdom . . .
http://www.kenandrobintalkaboutstuff.com/