Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-28-2016, 11:34 PM   #1
Tallor

Default The Price of Being Cheap (Mass Combat Question)

Perusing through GURPS: Mass Combat, I had realized something rather interesting. "Movers" on the battlefield--especially ones that are pure utility like the Light Truck--could easily be Poor trucks with Inferior drivers. They would be effectively -75% the cost, and retain T1 towing power at Motorized speeds!

Logically I would deal with flighty drivers, mechanical breakdowns and freight-handling mishaps--is there a way this can be modeled into going All-Out (Cheap) with transportation?
Tallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
Rolando

Default Re: The Price of Being Cheap (Mass Combat Question)

There are catastrophes tables, I think some of the catastrophes mention not having certain elements during the battle, desertion or destruction of elements before the battle (this models the unit not reaching their battle positions due to transport breakdowns. And also you may add generic penalties for not having supplies. It may also be modeled like a sabotage, just the culprit was poor morale or vehicle malfunction and not enemy infiltrators.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
Tallor

Default Re: The Price of Being Cheap (Mass Combat Question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
There are catastrophes tables, I think some of the catastrophes mention not having certain elements during the battle, desertion or destruction of elements before the battle (this models the unit not reaching their battle positions due to transport breakdowns. And also you may add generic penalties for not having supplies. It may also be modeled like a sabotage, just the culprit was poor morale or vehicle malfunction and not enemy infiltrators.
Could I have the page number please? I do see a Misfortunes of War but that's part of the Risk/Reward system for daring deeds--not cheap trucks. :P

If there is a system homebrew, I'd love to see it!
Tallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mass combat