Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-04-2016, 07:08 AM   #41
RogerBW

Default Re: "...and the road becomes my Bride." [ATE]: Recruitment Thread

Near-final draft. GM query: should Driving (Automobile) shift to Bicycling or Riding? Which is most usual?

Dr James Cole
250 points
Cole is from a medical family - they say the original Richard Cole was a doctor before the End, and laid up a store of teaching materials as things were falling apart. James is no blood relation, but he passed the tests and ordeals of the Medical School and gained the Name of Cole, before setting out to help others. He's not a fighter, though he can look after himself with a pistol or throw grenades; but most people don't want to kill a doc who's going to help patch up their wounded after the fight even if he was fighting on the other side.

Attributes: ST 10 [0]; DX 11 [20]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 14 [40].
Secondary Characteristics: Damage 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 13 [0]; Per 13 [0]; FP 14 [0]; Basic Speed 5.75 [-10]; Basic Move 5 [0].
Advantages: Combat Reflexes () [15]; Doc (After the End; Effective Skill 12) [0]; Doc - Experienced (After The End; Effective Skill 12) [0]; Hardy (After the End) [0]; Healer 4 [40]; High Manual Dexterity 1 [5]; Higher Purpose (Heal others) [5]; Immunity to Disease [10]; Luck [15]; Resistant to Poison (+3 to resist) [5]; Very Fit [15]; Very Rapid Healing [15].
Disadvantages: Code of Honor (Professional) [-5]; Easy to Read [-10]; Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]; Post-Combat Shakes [-5*]; Sense of Duty (Friends & Companions; Small Group) [-5]; Shyness (Mild) [-5]; Xenophilia [-10*].
Quirks: Horrible Hangovers [-1]; Nosy [-1]; Uncongenial [-1].
Skills: Area Knowledge (local) (E) IQ+1 [2]-14; Climbing (A) DX-1 [1]-10; Diagnosis/TL (Human) (H) IQ+4 [4]-17†; Diplomacy (H) IQ-2 [2]-11; Driving/TL (Automobile) (A) DX-1 [1]-10; Electronics Operation/TL (Medical) (A) IQ-1 [1]-12; Expert Skill (Mutants) (H) IQ-2 [1]-11; Guns/TL (Pistol) (E) DX+2 [4]-13; Hazardous Materials/TL (Biological) (A) IQ+1 [4]-14; Hazardous Materials/TL (Chemical) (A) IQ-1 [1]-12; Hazardous Materials/TL (Radioactive) (A) IQ-1 [1]-12; Knife (E) DX+2 [4]-13; Naturalist (Earth) (H) IQ-2 [1]-11; Observation (A) Per-1 [1]-12; Pharmacy/TL (Herbal) (H) IQ+2 [1]-15†; Pharmacy/TL (Synthetic) (H) IQ+4 [4]-17†; Physician/TL (Human) (H) IQ+5 [8]-18†; Poisons/TL (H) IQ-1 [1]-12; Scrounging (E) Per+1 [2]-14; Stealth (A) DX+1 [4]-12; Surgery/TL (Human) (VH) IQ+4 [8]-17†; Survival (Mountain) (A) Per [2]-13; Throwing (A) DX+1 [4]-12; Weather Sense (A) IQ-1 [1]-12.

* Multiplied for self-control number; see p. B120.
† Includes +4 from Healer.
RogerBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:01 AM   #42
Skullcrusher

Ar eyou using the RP stat form ATE?

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #43
EskrimadorNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
Near-final draft. GM query: should Driving (Automobile) shift to Bicycling or Riding? Which is most usual?
Both auto and riding are fine. There are ethanol vehicles in the campaign, and their rarity depends heavily on where you are at.

Quote:
Dr James Cole
250 points
No Vet skill?
EskrimadorNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #44
EskrimadorNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Ar eyou using the RP stat form ATE?
Yes. I will be using RP and LFP.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #45
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskrimadorNC View Post
Both auto and riding are fine. There are ethanol vehicles in the campaign, and their rarity depends heavily on where you are at.

No Vet skill?
OK, keep the Driving, shift points in skills:

Vet [1] 15
HM (Radioactive) [2] 13
Knife [2] 12
RogerBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:18 AM   #46
Skullcrusher

Can I submit a PDF of my character sheet or do I half of 2to put it in the body of the post

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #47
EskrimadorNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Can I submit a PDF of my character sheet or do I half of 2to put it in the body of the post
Pdf is fine. Send to eskrimadornc@gmail.com
Old 05-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #48
GnomesofZurich

With Skullcrusher going Trooper and EskrimadorNC's expressed preference for Lee, I'll look at finalizing him.

Would you be okay if I modified Electrolocation a bit to make it more useful? As my mutations go, Boosted Hemoglobin, Flesh Pocket, Fins 1 and Suction Pads are central to the concept, leaving 14 points remaining, currently taken up by Fish Eyes [1], Electrolocation [8], Prickly [3] and Expert Skill (Mutants) [2]. I was thinking of some combination of Increased Range x2 (+10%) or x5 (+20%) and/or Targeting (+20%). That would give a range of either 40 yards in air/400 yards in water or 200 yards in air/2000 yards in water.

Also, any suggestions for something more specific under Area Knowledge or Current Affairs? I'm not all that familiar with the area in which the campaign is set.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #49
EskrimadorNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
With Skullcrusher going Trooper and EskrimadorNC's expressed preference for Lee, I'll look at finalizing him.

Would you be okay if I modified Electrolocation a bit to make it more useful? As my mutations go, Boosted Hemoglobin, Flesh Pocket, Fins 1 and Suction Pads are central to the concept, leaving 14 points remaining, currently taken up by Fish Eyes [1], Electrolocation [8], Prickly [3] and Expert Skill (Mutants) [2]. I was thinking of some combination of Increased Range x2 (+10%) or x5 (+20%) and/or Targeting (+20%). That would give a range of either 40 yards in air/400 yards in water or 200 yards in air/2000 yards in water.
I'm okay with 40/400, but 200/2000 is probably too far. So you can go with Range x2.

Quote:
Also, any suggestions for something more specific under Area Knowledge or Current Affairs? I'm not all that familiar with the area in which the campaign is set.
For now, Area Knowledge (Local) or Current Affairs (Local) work. I'll give everyone more specifics on starting location once I get the OOC thread started. Needless to say, you guys will be starting off on the West side of the Appalachians, between Virginia and West Virginia.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:07 AM   #50
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
I'm okay with 40/400, but 200/2000 is probably too far. So you can go with Range x2.
Apparently I failed my Mathematics roll last night, it's actually 40/400 or 100/1000, but x2 is fine. I'll just drop a point in Expert Skill (Mutants) to make up the difference.

Quote:
For now, Area Knowledge (Local) or Current Affairs (Local) work. I'll give everyone more specifics on starting location once I get the OOC thread started. Needless to say, you guys will be starting off on the West side of the Appalachians, between Virginia and West Virginia.
Okay, sounds good.

Tags
after the end, ate, post apocalyptic