Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Rowan

Default [GURPS] Spaceships 1, Missile Launcher Question

So I'm writing up a small single adventure, where a group of pirates in a small pirate ship get wind of an asteroid claim and decide to move in on it. I wanted something to throw them up against, so I'm using the Sentinel-Class SDP from Spaceships 3 (p.21) as the asteroid claim's guardian that they have to destroy to safely claim jump the asteroid.

I'm trying to get the hang of the combat system, but I'm having a little trouble with the SDP's missile launchers when trying to figure out the Range for the Launchers on the Guns and Launchers table (Spaceships 1, p. 68).

THE SDP has Launchers of the 16cm variety, but the Guns and Launchers table only lists ranges for 20cm Launchers and above. Is it supposed to be inferred that Launchers below 20cm are to use the range listed for 20cm?

Any help's appreciated, thanks. :)
Old 09-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Diomedes

Default Re: [GURPS] Spaceships 1, Missile Launcher Question

Looks like an erratum; I'd say yes, use range L for 16 cm missiles.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #3
SCAR

Default Re: [GURPS] Spaceships 1, Missile Launcher Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
So I'm writing up a small single adventure, where a group of pirates in a small pirate ship get wind of an asteroid claim and decide to move in on it. I wanted something to throw them up against, so I'm using the Sentinel-Class SDP from Spaceships 3 (p.21) as the asteroid claim's guardian that they have to destroy to safely claim jump the asteroid.

I'm trying to get the hang of the combat system, but I'm having a little trouble with the SDP's missile launchers when trying to figure out the Range for the Launchers on the Guns and Launchers table (Spaceships 1, p. 68).

THE SDP has Launchers of the 16cm variety, but the Guns and Launchers table only lists ranges for 20cm Launchers and above. Is it supposed to be inferred that Launchers below 20cm are to use the range listed for 20cm?

Any help's appreciated, thanks. :)
I have assumed that the 2 Table entries for missiles should be up to 28cm and 32cm+.
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spaceships