Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #1
MWnRNC

Default Plague Doctor Grenade

I've been playing Darkest Dungeon and attempting to model some of the heroes in Dungeon Fantasy. I'm a bit stuck on the Plague Doctor's ability to throw a grenade containing a fast-acting poison/disease for "Blight" damage over time. Here's what I have so far:

Plague Grenade: 1d toxic (3 one-second cycles); 4 yards area; HT-2 resist [24]
  • Innate Attack - 1d toxic - 4 points
  • Cyclic - 100% x 2 x 1/2 = +100%
  • Resistable (HT-2) = -20%
  • Cosmic - Irresistable Attack = +300%
  • Respiratory Agent = +50%
  • Area Effect - 4 yards = +100%
  • Can Be Stolen = -30%
  • Uses Throwing skill = 0%
  • Reduced Accuracy = -15%, for Acc 0

I added the Cosmic modifier because the plague grenade seems to be able to harm skeletons and other creatures that would be immune to metabolic hazards.

I also thought about using corrosive damage rather than toxic. That would eliminate the need for the Cosmic and Respiratory Agent modifiers. On the one hand, the heroes describe Blight damage as "burning" and "eating [them] away." On the other hand, it is called a Plague Grenade and is treated with an imbibed Antivenom potion. Since I didn't want the damage to reduce DR, I went with toxic.

I think using Throwing skill is a 0-point feature, is that correct? I'm not sure how to get the range down to what would make sense for a grenade. Any ideas there?

Last edited by MWnRNC; 06-04-2016 at 04:24 PM.
MWnRNC is offline   Reply With Quote