Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #51
pup67vargr

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

My GURPS Traveller game that was being run on *another* board has now ended. Anyone still here who might be interested in a GURPS Traveller game? I have no immediate plans for what kind of game it might be, but the game that was being played here sorta turned into a trade-based game. I dunno, I was thinking maybe something more militaristic? The setting is the Interstellar Wars period, Sol vs. Vland. Character mortality will surely be high, but, hey what better way for a PC to go out in a blaze of glory, sacrifice himself for his comrades in arms, and win major posthumous medals?

SEE POST 59 BELOW!

Last edited by pup67vargr; 01-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.
pup67vargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #52
Ulthar88

The roster for A Stranger land is essentially full -- however, additional characters may be considered.

I'm currently operating on sleep deprivation, so my Better Judgment may be temporarily on hold - - and so it begins...

A Stranger Land
A proposal for a PbP semi-realistic swords & sorcery GURPS4 game with an experimental twist.

Here's the thing... like any old GM, I have some game-worlds that are fairly well realized. Introducing new players to such worlds can involve a helluva lot of background information -- it's no surprise that some gaming sites include their own wikis. Well, some gamers appreciate worlds that come with built-in homework -- and some don't. So how to start a campaign without requiring players to read a couple of textbooks first?

For some time now, I've been wanting to test out a campaign launch built around the fact that not only the players, but the characters as well have no knowledge of the world around them.
So imagine a game that begins with your characters doing their thing on their native fantasy world when something preposterous hurtles them through the void to a brand new fantasy world. The creatures, the cultures, even the magicks may be wildly or subtly different. The adventure would be to come to grips with this new reality and, assuming you wish to, finding a way home again.

A couple of points to note: the target world is a part of a multiverse, but not the IW multiverse; and thanks to previously established rules of my multiverse, your characters will know at least one language of their new world.

If I get at least 3 or 4 PMs from players with a firm interest, I'll launch the OOC thread. If not, this experiment gets pushed to the back of the cupboard again :)

Last edited by Ulthar88; 11-11-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #53
Wulfnor

(GURPS Fantasy 4 ed.) The Lost Island PBEM

Come join the Adventurer's Guild. An help to unravel the mysteries of the Lost Island of Revia. Starting in the Colony Town of Davenport, your PC will join with his/her fellow Guildmembers in Adventures of Dare-doing and Exploration !!!

Go to the Link below and read the more indepth information there. If you wish to join, register for the greater site that it is on and then click on the "Request Access" link in the upper right hand header. An then leave a Messege for the Narrator about joining the Game and what type of Character you would like to play.

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=48411&date=1318161033
Old 10-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #54
Wulfnor

Default GURPS Warhammer: Enemy Within campaign

Wanted! Bold Adventurers

His Excellency the Crown Prince Hergard von Tasseninck of the Grand
Principality of Ostland hereby gives notice that he is currently resident in
Altdorf and wishes to engage the services of a party of skilled adventurers.
Employment is to commence as soon as possible, for an indefinite period.

Would-be applicants are forewarned that they shall be requiredd to undertake
a most perilous mission into unexplored regions of the Grey Mountains. The
matter is of the utmost delicacy and absolute discretion is required.

Remuneration is negotiable based on experience, but a minimum of 20 Gold Crowns per person per day is assured, in addition to a generous bonus upon successful completion of the mission. No laggards, cowards, or dwarfs need apply.

GURPS Warhammer: Enemy Within is a campaign set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. Newcomers to both GURPS and Warhammer are welcome. THIS IS AN ADULT GAME.

Go to the Link below and read the more indepth information there. If you wish
to join, register for the greater site that it is on and then click on the
"Request Access" link in the upper right hand header. An then leave a Message for the GM about joining the Game and what type of Character you would like to play.

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=48596

Last edited by Wulfnor; 10-16-2011 at 06:24 AM. Reason: New approach
Wulfnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #55
Totem

Worlds of Fire is recruiting again. At present there is one (maybe two) opening available. Anyone wishing to join should consult the following:

The Character Requirements
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...21&postcount=1

Major Background Details #1
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...postcount=1167

Major Background Details #2
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...postcount=1168

They should also check the existing run in the IC thread for an idea of the kind of stuff that will be encountered.

Post at least a basic character template (check the Character Concept questions on Bp11 for an idea of the kind of information) either by PM or in the OOC thread.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #56
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
Worlds of Fire is recruiting again. At present there is one (maybe two) opening available. Anyone wishing to join should consult the following:

The Character Requirements
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...21&postcount=1

Major Background Details #1
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...postcount=1167

Major Background Details #2
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...postcount=1168

They should also check the existing run in the IC thread for an idea of the kind of stuff that will be encountered.

Post at least a basic character template (check the Character Concept questions on Bp11 for an idea of the kind of information) either by PM or in the OOC thread.
I'm interested and will submit a character sheet soon. :-)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #57
pup67vargr

[CONT'D from post #53 above]

GURPS Traveller update --

Current Incarnation of the game is to be a combat-centered ISW [Interstellar Wars] scenario, with PCs being Special-Forces-type troops fighting on the side of Terra against the Imperial Devils of Vland, dropped on planets in advance of a Terran invasion to soften-up resistance for the main battle force.

Players are now: bigjakev2.0, Marcus, and Frosty. Dorin Thorha was specifically invited to make up for his being bumped/denied entry to my last game, but he has declined for scheduling reasons. We have room for one more player, at least. We can certainly make a go of it with what we now have, but we'll accept one more, and I might just take two more. [MisterJuan? Sn0wball? doulos05?] Recruiting will close this coming weekend, Jan 13-15, 2012.

If interested, please see this thread: Recruiting Discussion

Spoiler:  

WARNING: NC17 rating for violence, depravity, and extreme gore. Minors applying should have parental consent signed, scanned, and ready for transmission.

Last edited by pup67vargr; 01-14-2012 at 11:40 AM.
pup67vargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:43 AM   #58
Michael Thayne

Weird Supers

This game is closed.

The basic idea: Play any character you want that can be built on 500 points. Then try not to let any of the other weird things in the universe do anything horrible to you.

A little more: With the last PbP game I tried to run, I ended up having to cancel it due to lack of time on my part. Now I'm at a place in my life where I have more time (out of school, have a job), and I want to try running one again.

However, I still don't like the fact that PbP is not really ideal for running combat. Solution: don't make a game built around the "fair fights" emphasized by recent editions of Dungeons and Dragons. Instead, let fights be terribly one-sided, and make part of the challenge figuring out how to end up on the right side of one-sided fights. Thus, fighting abilities will be useful, but so will stealth, information-gathering, social skills, and really any other ability you can think of. Also, I will play up the weird side of GURPS.

Full character creation guidelines, and how to join, at the OOC thread.

Last edited by Michael Thayne; 03-25-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #59
Delvidian

PBP Players Wanted: THE RISPIAN WEB (GURPS 4 gaming in Frank Herbert’s Duniverse)

Still Recruiting
- Bene Gesserit Adept
- Suk Physician

OVERVIEW
This campaign takes place in Frank Herbert’s galactic Imperium but in a time and place removed from the novels. The time is ten years before the events described in Dune. The place is the untamed world of Risp VII. The player characters form the newly-appointed entourage of a noble of House Drake, a Minor House owing fealty to House Olin, a bloodline nearing its end. Will young Areth Drake claim his birthright as Lord Conservator and perhaps even rise to siridar-Duke? If your team can keep him alive long enough to succeed his father, perhaps so. But on a wilderness world where the nobility can be as dangerous as the predators, it won’t be easy…

PLAYER CHARACTERS
We need 5 mature and dependable players to make up the entourage: Bene Gesserit Adept, Planetologist, Spymaster, Suk Physician, and Swordmaster. Players will build 200-point characters by customizing and expanding ~150 point occupation templates I’ll provide. Characters will earn XP through play.

The ideal player wants to immerse him or herself in the rich mood and trappings of the Age of the Human. If you’re excited about the prospect of unsheathing your kindjal or envenoming your flip-dart, together we’ll create a shigawire reel fit for the Padishah Emperor’s filmbook! But remember, always, The Forms Must Be Obeyed.

MECHANICS
We’ll use the GURPS 4e rule set, roll dice via Invisible Castle, and post twice weekly. Most weeks I can post more often, but that’s the minimum expectation. To maintain an air of mystery, we’ll communicate on two levels. We’ll use the forum thread for all IC/OOC posts that are public to the group, and Private Messages/email for confidential information. After all, the Great Schools do not share their secrets readily…

ABOUT THE GM
An experienced gamer, I play and sometimes GM the longstanding Team Weird Infinite Worlds campaign and GM a Banestorm fantasy campaign (both live). My sources for this campaign include The Chronicles of the Imperium and Dream of Rain RPGs and the Dune Encyclopedia. Recently I realized that it would be best run as a PBP so we can fully enjoy the nuances of character and setting.

IF YOU’RE INTERESTED
PM with your usual availability and your first and second choices of PC: Bene Gesserit Adept, Planetologist, Spymaster, Suk Physician or Swordmaster.

Last edited by Delvidian; 05-02-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Delvidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #60
DarkForce

I see a looking for players but no players looking for a game.

I am looking to join in a play by post game.

I have been playing in a starwars (Meet IRL) and a Dungeon Fantasy (PBP) I would love to find a game here to join in.

Are there any available?
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote