Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-24-2007, 12:33 AM   #131
David Johnston

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031
Later on, after she married Hank and got her own business off the ground, yes. Starting off, I don't believe she was that well off; not multimillionaire-level wealthy, at least. .
Well her father was always described as "wealthy" and she was described as an heiress.
David Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:46 AM   #132
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
I'm back to working on these, now that I have Ultra-Tech, Martial Arts, and Supers. I just updated Ant-Man and Bucky.
What were the changes that you made to Bucky's cs?
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #133
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery
What were the changes that you made to Bucky's cs?
Mainly gave her Combat Reflexes and Enhanced Dodge, so she has a suitably cinematic Dodge. It boosted her from 150 to 210 points.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #134
Captain-Captain

Quote:
Later on, after she married Hank and got her own business off the ground, yes. Starting off, I don't believe she was that well off; not multimillionaire-level wealthy, at least. (I have to look at her OHOTMUDE #14 entry to see if she started off as an heir.) Once I figure out how she starts off pre-marriage in the Reboot, I'll take another look at the wealth.

Historically, in the early-80s, one of the factors that led Hank to get abusive was the realization that Janet was the sole means of income in the marriage, as his patents had expired and he hadn't come up with anything since Ultron and the Pym Particles, while she took her fashion and business talents and developed an international corporation. That he was already emotionally unstable when entering the marriage certainly didn't help; his Yellowjacket identity was originally a split personality.
My impression/understanding was that Janet was the heiress girlfriend whose cash let Pym do research, and the fact that he 'owed' her for those scientific opportunities grated on him, and was one of the factors that led to their divorce.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #135
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Mainly gave her Combat Reflexes and Enhanced Dodge, so she has a suitably cinematic Dodge. It boosted her from 150 to 210 points.
Thanks! Are you checking back over all the write-ups, or do you just have certain ones that you think need to be revisited?
Old 09-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #136
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery
Thanks! Are you checking back over all the write-ups, or do you just have certain ones that you think need to be revisited?
Right now, I'm trying to avoid doing too much in the way of updating (this is a side project, after all ;) ). I am going over the write-ups where I know I fudged a lot or I know can benefit from what's in Supers (Cap, Iron Man, Invisible Woman, and Spider-Man all come to mind). I probably will look over the others as my schedule and motivation permit.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #137
Phantasm

Captain America
Continued From Earlier Post

992 points
Attributes:
ST 23 [130]; DX 16 [120]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 15 [50].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 2d+1/4d+1; BL 106; HP 23 [0]; Will 15 [15]; Per 15 [15]; FP 20 [15]; Basic Speed 8.00 [5]; Basic Move 8 [5]; Dodge 15.
Languages: Dutch (Accented) [4]; English (Native) (Native Language) [0]; French (Accented) [4]; German (Accented) [4]; Mandarin Chinese (Accented) [4]; Russian (Accented) [4].
Cultural Familiarities: East Asian [1]; Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Handsome) [12]; Charisma 3 [15]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Double-Jointed [15]; Enhanced Block 3 [15]; Enhanced Dodge 3 [45]; Enhanced Parry (Bare Hands) 3 [15]; Extended Lifespan 3 (x8) [6]; Extra Attack 1 [25]; Fearlessness 5 [10]; Imbue 2 (Limited Skill Access: One Skill (Bank Shot), -80%) [4]; Legal Enforcement Powers 3 [15]; Rapid Healing [5]; Signature Gear: Adamantium-Vibranium Throwing Shield [60]; Social Regard (Respected) 3 [15]; Trained By A Master [30]; Very Fit [15]; Weapon Master (Shield) [20].
Perks: Courtesy Rank (Military) 4 [4]; Style Familiarity: Aikijutsu [1]; Style Familiarity: Boxing [1]; Style Familiarity: Chin Na [1]; Style Familiarity: Fairbairn Close Combat Training [1]; Style Familiarity: Hsing I Chuan [1]; Style Familiarity: Jujutsu [1]; Style Familiarity: Savate [1]; Style Familiarity: Shotokan Karate [1]; Sure-Footed (Uneven) [1]; Weapon Bond: Shield [1].
Disadvantages: Charitable (9) [-22]; Code of Honor (Soldier's) [-10]; Enemy (Baron Zemo) (Equal In Power) (9) [-10]; Guilt Complex [-5]; Honesty (6) [-20]; Light Sleeper [-5]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]; Secret Identity (Serious Embarrassment) [-5]; Sense of Duty (Humanity) [-15]; Truthfulness (9) [-7].
Quirks: Attentive [-1]; Broad-Minded [-1]; Calm Under Pressure [-1]; Prefers to Eat Organic [-1].
Skills: Artist (Drawing) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 12; Bank Shot (Thrown Weapon (Disc)) (VH) DX+4 [24] – 20; Breath Control (H) HT+0 [4] – 15; Climbing (A) DX+4 [1] – 20*; Current Affairs/TL8 (Headline News) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 14; Detect Lies (H) Per+0 [4] – 15; Diplomacy (H) IQ+1 [8] – 13; Driving/TL8 (Automobile) (A) DX-1 [1] – 15; Driving/TL8 (Motorcycle) DX-1 [1] – 15; First Aid/TL8 (Human) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 13; Fist! (WC) DX+9 [132] – 25; Forced Entry (E) DX+0 [1] – 16; Games (Boxing) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 11; Hiking (A) HT-1 [1] – 14; History (20th Century) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 13; Jumping (E) DX+0 [1] – 16; Knife (E) DX [1] – 16; Leadership (A) IQ+8 [20] – 20†; Mechanic/TL6 (Automobile) (A) IQ-1 [1] – 11; Navigation/TL7 (Land) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Photography/TL7 (A) IQ-1 [1] – 11; Piloting/TL7 (Light Airplane) (A) DX-1 [1] – 15; Public Speaking (A) IQ+3 [2] – 15†; Running (A) HT-1 [1] – 14; Savoir-Faire (Dojo) (E) IQ [1] – 12; Savoir-Faire (Military) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Search (A) Per-1 [1] – 14; Shield (E) DX+9 [32] – 25; Soldier/TL7 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 13; Stealth (A) DX+0 [2] – 16; Survival (Desert) Per+0 [2] – 16; Survival (Mountain) Per+0 [2] – 16; Survival (Swampland) Per+0 [2] – 16; Survival (Woodlands) Per+0 [2] – 16; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 15; Tactics (H) IQ+1 [8] – 13; Teaching (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Thrown Weapon (Disc) (E) DX+10 [36] – 25; Tracking (A) Per-1 [1] – 14.
Techniques: Counterattack (Shield) (H) def+5 [6] – 25; Feint (Shield) (H) def+4 [5] – 29; Rope Up (Climbing) (A) def+2 [2] – 20; Scaling (Climbing) (H) def+3 [4] – 20; Timed Defense (Shield) (H) def+2 [3] – 19.
Starting Spending Money: $4,000 (20% Starting Wealth).

* includes +5 from Double-Jointed
† includes +3 from Charisma

Role-Playing Notes:
Captain America often gives the appearance of a man out of time, but this is commonly a ruse. He is an honorable man who always tries to do what he feels is the right thing. He tries to ensure that people live lives free from fear; in World War II, he opposed Hitler, while in the 1950s he was openly critical of both McCarthy and the Communists. Nowadays he's openly critical of both Muslim extremists and the Religious Right movements.

Captain America's Shield
Cap's shield grants its wielder the following abilities:
  • Damage Resistance 150 (Directional: Front Only; Hardened +5)
  • Injury Tolerance: Damage Reduction, /10
  • DB 2
Furthermore, the shield is virtually unbreakable.

Edit: An update of an update! I've mostly increased his combat skill levels to the 20-25 range, lowered the number of techniques purchased, and added in a single Imbuement skill for his ability to ricochet the shield off corners.

Edit: Followed some optimization advice; dropped a slew of skills in favor of Fist! (DX/WC).

Last edited by Phantasm; 04-09-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #138
David Johnston

Cap doesn't really have a Secret Identity in the modern day.
David Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #139
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Captain America
Continued From Earlier Post
Enough to bring a tear to this old Silver Age sentimentalist's eye ;|
NJ!

"I was adept at every form of hand-to-hand combat known to man while you were still safe in your laboratory, serving your Nazi masters!"
Old 10-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #140
Phantasm

Updated Spider-Man with info from GURPS Supers, as well as fixing the ST. Please note that I left his "non-powered" stats in the Attributes line.

I've been going through Ultra-Tech to try to build Iron Man's suit. Suggestions for how to price the suit's increased Lifting and Striking ST beyond the book's models? (the Iron Man suit I'm building from enables him to bench-press 70 tons while wearing it.)

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men