Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #21
Mopo

Default Re: Munchkinomicon / Fairy Dust 2

I would absolutely love expansions for both the Munchkinomicon and Fairy Dust cards. As for the Munchkinomicon dice... would they have any special function, or would it just be regular dice with a Munchkinomicon on instead of the Munchkin head? Either way, I think I sure would be interrested!
Mopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #22
TheBiff

I personally find Fairy Dust a staple to any deck and my group always plays with it so a Fairy Dust 2 would be very welcome. As for Munchkinomicon my group and I really dislike playing with it. The Munchkinomicon is so powerful its silly not to try and get it, so unless Munchkinomicon 2 added something new and unique I am fine with one and done, a promo here and there are fine however.
TheBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #23
collinc

I'm curious, when you say Munchkinomicon Dice are you talking about a munchkin booster (of sorts)? Or a whole new game similar to Zombie Dice?
collinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #24
Fledge Ling

FWIW, I'd be interested in more of both as well. I think it's great that there are more Dungeons coming out soon.

It's silly, but I feel like a dozen cards aren't enough when one has a 18" stack of cards (I don't really stack them that high, that would be trouble). But I know I love playing 10 games and hardly running into the same card twice.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:53 AM   #25
niva

Wow I am overwhelmed that my suggestion in the original post got so many responses.

Looking forward to hear more about this!
niva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 04:20 AM   #26
niva

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcbgone View Post
I wouldn't need new dice, just expanding on the chrrent would be great, a full booster like Fairy Dust was, or like a 2-card promo add on to something else they did, or even just random promos, :)

No, please, not a 2 card thing. A full 15/30 card booster
niva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #27
Lycan

Considering all the expansions i have played. I personally favor Fairy dust and Necronomicon for the simple reason it tends to even a group of friends. If you have a lovey dovey couple that does everything together and kinda screws up the game balance to much. Munchnomicon helps to break that unity. But if the game stagnates because no one is willing help anyone the Fairies tend to be very usefull.

I'd rather like to have an actual Pocket sized Munchnomicon book rather than a die. Maybe make it lightweight and force people to blow on it but if they blow the book off the table they die to it's wrath or something. Or maybe let it eat cards and spew them out randomly It can be a lot more chaotic with it.

The fairies could have a few more monsters that give fairy dust. Perhaps a Peter Pan set so you can also get some more pirate cards in the process.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:44 PM   #28
CaptainChwelve

I would really like to see an expansion as well!

However, the few times I've played with the Munchkinomicon have been LOOOONG games. People kept sacrificing levels to obtain new spells to prevent a win.

So maybe if there were counter-spells, or cards (or dice rolls) that gave you a chance to hold onto the munchkinomicon, it would bring more balance to the expansion.
CaptainChwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:43 AM   #29
Enzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We discussed the idea of Munchkinomicon Dice once before. To make it truly incredible would require completely new dice tooling; just how much demand is there for the idea of Munchkinomicon Dice?
I love the idea of Munchkinomicon Dice, and a sequel/expansion for Munchkinomicon.
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:28 PM   #30
Dealmaker777

I would be interested in getting copies of these expansions if they are made.
Dealmaker777 is offline   Reply With Quote