Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 01-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #31
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA and Dungeon Fantasy RPG

I have updated the Standalone Draft file with a bunch of fixes (mostly stray commas), and have added the first draft of Holy Warrior.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:51 PM   #32
Armin
GCA Prime

I'd hoped to get at least two templates done today, since I have a working set of traits now. However, that didn't happen.

I got the Knight done today. Due to the complexity of the weapon skills packages, and the option of giving up Shield to get four more points in either the ranged weapon skill or a two-handed weapon skill. . . well, I used some brain time working out those options.

I think I like how it's working, but I'll probably do something yet to insert a reminder into the melee weapon SelectX() if you have multiple choices and one of them should be a two-handed weapon. (I left in some of my 'work notes' and included some comments to explain what's going on in the template, for future delvers into the file code.)

Anyway, here's the updated file: Dungeon Fantasy RPG - Standalone Draft.gdf
(The link should be the same as before.)
Old 01-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #33
Armin
GCA Prime

Added the Martial Artist to the Standalone Draft today.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:22 PM   #34
Armin
GCA Prime

Added the Scout.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #35
Armin
GCA Prime

Added Swashbuckler.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #36
JackShadow

Wow, now I can't wait to get home and poke around with this stuff. Thanks for all the hard work everyone involved. :)
JackShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #37
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackShadow View Post
Wow, now I can't wait to get home and poke around with this stuff. Thanks for all the hard work everyone involved. :)
Please do poke. At this point, I have the last couple of professional templates to finish. Then I'll do the races, I suppose.

For any observers, here's the work still to do on my Draft. If you've already done this, please speak up:

Spells and gear absolutely need to be cleaned up, since they're just cut-n-pasted from elsewhere. (I think someone was doing that?) Attributes could be whittled down, too, since they're also pasted in, and include a bunch of stuff that's likely not required anywhere in this rule set.

Many of the traits I created or edited might be missing features that could have been implemented. I often miss those things . . . . Also, I didn't check some of the traits for correctness against DFRPG (such as Wealth, which is complex with multipliers and whatnot going on in the related stats).

Back to the grindstone . . . .

ETA: And lots of clean-up, because I assume I've missed or broken some things ;-)

Last edited by Armin; 01-09-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #38
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
You can fix it manually pretty easily if you want: just apply the "_Free, *0" modifier to the "Trading Character Points for Money" trait, and then spend that many levels fewer in points elsewhere.
Maybe this should show up as a tool tip or something? I anticipate quite a lot of "The example character is 248 points, but when I put it in GCA it is 250. What am I doing wrong?"
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #39
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Maybe this should show up as a tool tip or something? I anticipate quite a lot of "The example character is 248 points, but when I put it in GCA it is 250. What am I doing wrong?"
I don't have any way to do that right now.

I think what we need is for GCA to show a 'total spent' that's separate from the character's total points. That way folks could keep track of what was spent (the 250pts from a template for example) versus the point value of the character (248 points after spending two points on Trading Character Points for Money).

ETA: I can probably put a #message on the point trading deal, that point values will be off a bit. That might help.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #40
Armin
GCA Prime

I have added Thief and Wizard to the Standalone Draft. That finishes the first draft for every professional template. I'm sure much polishing will be required.

I've also made some more fixes to traits in various places in the file.

I'll now move on to doing the racial templates.