Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 10-26-2018, 08:57 AM   #1951
Daigoro

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
http://qr.ae/TUhRFC

Let's see if we got this right, A religious saint tells a father his son is cursed and advises him to kill the baby. That father obliges and brings his 22 months old to him and asks him to do it. That saint gives this job to one of his followers who couldn't do it because of his wife and drops the baby at the door of a child's shelter.
That post ends (after Mark Wahlberg) with, "And I won’t even come to the ending conclusion for it is next level bewildering."

Now I gotta know what happened after that!
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 03:32 PM   #1952
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
That post ends (after Mark Wahlberg) with, "And I won’t even come to the ending conclusion for it is next level bewildering."

Now I gotta know what happened after that!
Of course, the best twist for an RPG setting is that the holy man got it dead-bang correct, and the fact that the dad didn't kill the son means the kid will grow up as a locus of evil and supernatural horror. Draw ideas from Rosemary's Baby and/or Hellboy, and let the bodies hit the floor.

Now then, in reality, said psychotic religious leader needs to get dropped in a hole under a rock in a federal penitentiary, somewhere, and dad needs a permanent restraining order to keep him the hell away from mother and child. Hopefully, with the help of social services and caring teachers, mom will get the assistance she needs to raise the kid to be a decent human being, and not a maladjusted borderline sociopath.

Last edited by tshiggins; 01-23-2019 at 11:31 AM.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 03:38 PM   #1953
Flyndaran
Untagged

The mom waited nearly two weeks before reporting it. I'd want to keep the kid far from her as well.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:09 PM   #1954
Irish Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
Of course, the best twist for an RPG setting is that the holy man got it dead-bang correct, and the fact that the dad didn't kill the son means the kid will grow up as a locus of evil and supernatural horror. Draw ideas from Rosemary's Baby and/or Hellboy, and let the bodies hit the floor.
Or, of course, the prophecy was correct because the son is the Chosen One, and his father will become (or already is!) a vessel for Ultimate Evil who the child is destined to defeat. Assuming, of course, that Our Heroes can keep his dad from killing him before he achieves the ability to fulfill his destiny...

If you break the laws of God, you go to Hell.

If you break the laws of Physics, you go to Sweden and receive a Nobel Prize.
Irish Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:06 AM   #1955
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
Now then, in reality, said pschotic religious leader needs to get dropped in a hole under a rock in a federal penitentiary, somewhere, and dad needs a permanent restraining order to keep him the hell away from mother and child. Hopefully, with the help of social services and caring teachers, mom will get the assistance she needs to raise the kid to be a decent human being, and not a maladjusted borderline sociopath.
Given the economic situation in the federation, I suspect that putting the father under a literal rock will influence the mother and child's situation in a way that will make the fulfilment of the prophecy, not less, likely, as I doubt that there's enough of a budget to handle the latter part of your offer.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #1956
johndallman
Night Watchman

One of the weirdest aircraft ever to fly.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:25 AM   #1957
L.J.Steele

Nazi fighter crashes on California Freeway

https://gizmodo.com/uh-a-fighter-pla...nia-1829952853
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:12 AM   #1958
Flyndaran
Untagged

Got to love this line from the article. "So, it wasn’t a Nazi plane—it was Nazi plane cosplay."
Old 11-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #1959
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Got to love this line from the article. "So, it wasn’t a Nazi plane—it was Nazi plane cosplay."
Now nobody will notice that the plane model doesn't quite match Homeline specs. Double-layer disguise!
Old 11-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #1960
Flyndaran
Untagged

This is probably a very good timeline to transport odd items or even non-humans. We'd just assume good or bad cosplay.

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox