Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 06-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #11
svawter

Default Re: BackerKit "I Want It All" Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Skin View Post
It's been so long since the campaign closed, i couldn't remember what i added the extra funds for🤣🤣🤣 I think i got it right
This is why I had a worksheet 🤣🤣🤣
svawter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #12
Tom H.

I had a question about taxes charged in Backerkit.

I just completed my survey and payed my shipping for my Car Wars 6e order, but there were also taxes added to the bill.

I went back to check my email invoice from Backerkit for The Fantasy Trip Legacy Edition for comparison. I was charged shipping but no taxes. Granted that invoice was from Sep. 2018.

Doe anyone know what I'm missing and why taxes are being charged for Car Wars 6e?
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #13
baakyocalder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H. View Post
I had a question about taxes charged in Backerkit.

I just completed my survey and payed my shipping for my Car Wars 6e order, but there were also taxes added to the bill.

I went back to check my email invoice from Backerkit for The Fantasy Trip Legacy Edition for comparison. I was charged shipping but no taxes. Granted that invoice was from Sep. 2018.

Doe anyone know what I'm missing and why taxes are being charged for Car Wars 6e?
There's a post in the Kickstarter comments asking the same question, to which Darryl from SJ Games replied that Travis County charges 8.25% sales tax to items sold in Texas. Looks like the ordering system is just adding that feature to the pledges.

There's a 2017 thread in the Warehouse 23 section of the fourms on sales taxes being collected in Texas.

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=153892

I just looked at my Backerkit and I wasn't charged sales tax. I live in California.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:36 AM   #14
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Skin View Post
It's been so long since the campaign closed, i couldn't remember what i added the extra funds for🤣🤣🤣 I think i got it right
Same here. After adding everything in I had $25 left over in funds. Couldn't recall what the heck else I had put that in for, so I grabbed some Ogre minis. :D
Old 06-08-2020, 03:59 PM   #15
Tom H.

Hey, thanks to the collective for addressing my question and pointing me to answers.

I'm a bit curious now how many counties in Texas are choosing or not to charge these kinds of taxes.

For example, if Steve Jackson Games moved to neighboring Williamson county from Travis county is this a standard that would still apply to their Kickstarter "sales."

(I'm too lazy to do the research at this particular moment.)
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote