Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #711
tbeard1999

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Crowell View Post
I would gladly pay $14.95 each for Melee and Wizard with good quality components.

Not ODE mounted map and chipboard counters. Heavy paper map and colour counters with a good rulebook would be fine.
Melee cost $3 and Wizard $4 in 1978. That would be $12/$16 in 2018, so your price seems about right.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:47 AM   #712
Rick_Smith

Default Physical presentation of new Microgames.

Quote:
I would gladly pay $14.95 each for Melee and Wizard with good quality components.

Not ODE mounted map and chipboard counters. Heavy paper map and colour counters with a good rulebook would be fine.
Hi David, everyone.
I agree with you; I would be happy with flat counters. (The map I am indifferent about, since I have my vinyl map with mega hexes drawn on it.)

But Steve is looking to improve the physical presentation of TFT. So I expect that the components will be better some how.

By the way, what does ODE stand for?

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #713
Dave Crowell

ODE is the Ogre Designer's Edition that was Kickstarted a few years ago. It has the same production values as the current Ogre 6e. http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ogre-sixth-edition
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #714
JLV

Quote:
ODE is the Ogre Designer's Edition that was Kickstarted a few years ago. It has the same production values as the current Ogre 6e. http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ogre-sixth-edition
Too funny! I was a charter member of that kickstarter, and even I didn't make the connection to "ODE" -- I kept thinking it was some kind of printing method I was unfamiliar with! ;-)

But yes, now that I understand your comment, I agree -- we don't need to go all cosmic on it, a good heavy paper map (or three) and good quality flat counters would be just fine for me! I will note to Steve and company that "backprinting is your friend" when it comes to saving some space in the box, though!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #715
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I didn't make the connection to "ODE" -- I kept thinking it was some kind of printing method I was unfamiliar with! ;-)
Same here LOL!!
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #716
Carnifex

From todays Daily Illuminator;

Quote:
The relaunch of The Fantasy Trip will start with miniboxed editions of the two combat games, Melee and Wizard, each retailing for $14.95!
A bit more information, we now know the format and price, at least for the first two products. From a personal stand point, it looks like they are giving me the game I want.
Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:10 PM   #717
tbeard1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post

A bit more information, we now know the format and price, at least for the first two products. From a personal stand point, it looks like they are giving me the game I want.
As noted earlier, the original Melee and Wizard cost $2 and $3 in 1978, which is $12 and $16 in 2018 dollars. So the price seems quite reasonable, particularly since the components will likely be better. Or at least no worse.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:33 PM   #718
Carnifex

To me, this seems to be the way to go. I am sure I am not the only person who has wondered just how many people are really interested in a relaunch of TFT. It makes total sense to me to start with a couple of low resource inexpensive products to test waters.
Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #719
Tuk the Weekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_aramis View Post
The official one was pretty good.
Still have mine around here somewhere...
Tuk the Weekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:53 PM   #720
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post

I look forward to them. The price is fine, and I like that they mirror the original releases of long ago.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in the labyrinth, melee, roleplaying, the fantasy trip, wizard