Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
starslayer

Default Helm me stat a power- 'Room Design and summoning'

I am trying to create a tribute to a superhero one of my friends made ages ago in another system for a GURPS 4'th game. The hero in question was called 'Captain Ikea'- he was a generally average guy, overweight, poor social skills but he had the singularly useful power to reconfigure any room he was in with whatever design and furnishings he felt like, creating a room outside.

This initially seems silly until you consider the things that people put in rooms. With a snap of his fingers he could create marble counters at the perfect height to be hidden behind stocked with rifles, shotguns, or even mounted machine guns on the allied side, and waist deep pillows, ball pits, or even swimming pools on the enemy side. Outfitting a room with full sound isolation like in a recording studio allows for even the sloppiest loudest assassination ever to fail to awaken the baby in the next room. Turning a prison into a Japanese restaurant <complete with paper walls> makes escape (or forced entry) simple.

So specifically I want to figure out how to stat the 'instant Ikea' power, my initial thought would be creation: inorganic; transmutation: inorganic to inorganic- but that normally can't do complex things, and possibly not effect separate things. Snatcher was the other option I considered, but would only be able to bring things in, not replace existing things. Some bizarre cosmic version of illusion might be able to justify the changes required.

Ideally this could somehow be crammed into a 300 point PC, though it could absolutely represent most of what makes the PC.

PS: For those interested the original system was DC heroes/'blood of heroes' (MEGS), and the advantage in question there was transmutation 'rooms only'.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Helm me stat a power- 'Room Design and summoning'

Afflicition alterante Form or Morph on a room?
Cosmic power pool is another idea but seems more expensive and still need to buy a lot.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #3
starslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Afflicition alterante Form or Morph on a room?
Cosmic power pool is another idea but seems more expensive and still need to buy a lot.
I had not considered AFFLICTING the room to force it to change, that's a good one and even allows better designed and/or larger rooms to resist better- so he could convert the SM+6 kitchen with HT 12 at about 50% with skill 18, but would find converting the SM+10 HT20 prison complex near impossible.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #4
Walrus

He need some Cosmic Modular Ability Pool to store room forms or actual Morph affliction as well as high Architecture, Engineer (Buildings) and so on skills to create room projects. You can even invent specific Quick Gadgeteer form (I'd say -50%, based on programming one from Action 1).

Tags
create, power, snatcher