Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #41
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
This Saturday, 5pm Pacific, 7pm Central. That's Sunday morning 7am for me. That work for everyone? Puck?

http://todaysmeet.com/ for the chat server, unless someone knows of one with less lag and no character limit. Which would be really nice actually.

I'm on Facebook but I don't know how to set up multi-chats there.
I don't have an IM software set up on this computer yet.
That's 6 p.m. Mountain for me. Should work fine. If you need to switch to Friday, let me know, but I should be good; my father-in-law usually has his Memorial Day barbecue on the Monday holiday.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #42
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Thursday night
The nonstops from Ontario to San Francisco were sold out Thursday evening, so he had to connect through LAX. The common wisdom when connecting through LA was to stay on task, not wander around the airport more than you had to.

Kane would see a uniformed pilot hurrying to Gate 11--the same one written on Kane's ticket. A careful man, he walk-ran in the middle of walkways, where anyone with ill intent would have plenty of witnesses. He didn't look like he needed the precaution though. He wasn't very tall but he looked beefy under that uniform, like he could take on anyone who tried to storm the cockpit.

On the plane Kane would hear a Disturbance from the tail section of the plane. Before he can react, a male flight attendant would lean over him with a cup of water. "Relax, angel. It's just the Wind." He winks at Kane, lays a blanket over the sleeping passenger next to him, and moves on.
Can Kane's honor resonance pick up anything from either the careful man or the flight attendant? Or are the encounters too fleeting?

Old 05-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #43
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Can Kane's honor resonance pick up anything from either the careful man or the flight attendant? Or are the encounters too fleeting?
The careful man--the pilot--is moving too fast to get a bead on. However, the flight attendant gives you that swirly sensation you've learned to associate with Kyriotates. (More details forthcoming when I'm not at work.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
their is the possibility of me being pulled away either evening, but the chances are higher that I'll be pulled away on Saturday than on Friday
Can you give me a sense of those odds? Andygal is Friday better for you?

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-23-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: nonbumpiness
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #44
Andygal

Friday works just as well for me, I'm in Canada, so no holiday stuff, and I'm not doing anything except piano lessons Friday afternoon (ending at 4pm Pacific),

So I'm good either way.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #45
ladyarcana55

Whenever, just let me know
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #46
tHEhERETIC

Okay--Friday U.S., Saturday Korea it is. 5pm Los Angeles time.

Those who've gamed with me before know I'm painfully awful when it comes to calculating time zones, despite having this
http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzplanner.php
lovely tool at my disposal.
That's Saturday the 28th, 9am my time. Of that I'm certain. I may be on a little earlier than that or a few minutes late, depending on how much sleep I get this week. But I'll be there.

Where--
"Today's Meet" is kind of laggy, so I'm looking for alternatives.
I have Skype but I've never used it for chat. I know it's reliable for voice.
Ditto Facebook--have it, like it well enough, have never been able to figure out how to do multi-chat on it.
I have an AOL account but I haven't used it in years.
So--TBA

Who--
Players of course. Players, with your permission I'll accept lurkers, with the caveat that said lurkers may get shanghaied to NPC's.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #47
Andygal

I don't own a microphone and have a speech impediment besides which makes me hard to understand if you don't know me well. Voice chat would be akward at best.

Also, I have no problem with lurkers.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #48
alexondria

I don't have a good microphone, but that being said Skype does do very well at group text chats if everyone has it. I'm also fine with lurkers. As for odds I have a friend that is having a cook out on Saturday, but I don't know how late it will be going or if I will have the energy to go to it after I get off work- as far as I know nothing is going on Friday, but my friends aren't always grand at telling me in advance when they want to do something.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #49
Rocket Man

I don't have Skype, I'm afraid. But I also don't mind lurkers. (I'd better not -- after all, I snuck into MHC after lurking for a while!) Keep me posted.

As far as Facebook -- go to the stuff on the left-hand margin of the page. One of the options should be "Create Group." Specify who you want in and whether it's an open group or closed group. (Closed is probably best here.) Once the group is created, stepping into the group should offer a chat "tab" at the bottom, one viewable by all members. I forget if that's always visible, or only when the group admin is present, but it should do the job.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 05-24-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #50
tHEhERETIC

Andygal, alexondria--fear not. My microphone is hand-held only and I far prefer text. RocketMan's lack of Skype though, fail for Skype. :(

Is everyone on FB? I know ladyarcana and RocketMan, but I don't know about the rest of you.

Tags
in nomine