Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #11
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Help on what kind of characters to make--

If I understand correctly, we'll have Sunae and Zahirah back. I think we're getting Mitchim back too but I'm not positive. Ash's player has been busy and I don't know whether he's been happy with the game, so I can't speak for him there. Much as I enjoyed them, I don't think we're getting Shenmachel or Rina-el back. Damned shame, because there was such a lovely chemistry between the uptight Sword-seraph and the hippie-chick Flower.

(To say nothing of the big guy with the sword who freaks out over being lied to, and the glorified con man who's befriended him.)

That leaves us minus a Mercurian. The party can function without one, however...the plot is built with layers and webs of secrets. Pretty much every NPC has one, and the key to solving things is to tickle those secrets loose. Corat spilled his, which is why he's less prominent this time around. Ryuki's a very deeply built character, so he's still got one or two, and gets more as time goes on. Poker player, that one.

One way to get A's secrets is to get B talking, or to be able to connect A with B and C. So a character with people skills and interrogation-useful skills will do well. Sure, you beat secrets out of NPC's and with some of them that will work. With others it will just get you a fight.

When negotiations break down, there will be fights. Your Superiors will choose you in part because your fighting skills compliment those already on board. Corat, my Thunder-bunny and newly rechristened Warbird...he'll be around, but don't count on him alone to get you out of scrapes. He's a busy Ofanite.

Your characters will be working in hostile territory, with Heavenly spies who have difficult personalities. Your antagonists will include some black hats but plenty of greys.

RocketMan and Andygal, once I have a sense of the characters you're playing, I'll tie them into the plot. No hurry on the details--the pace of PbP gives me plenty of time to think. Just let me know when you have the basics so I know when to start.

And anyone know a good chat room? The only one I've found has a bit of lag time.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #12
Andygal

I've got most of the crunchy bits done on a Mercurian of Lightning. Just need to do the background, which is the hard part. Will send sheet when I've got a better idea.

Has zero physical fighting skills, although does have Corporeal Charm and Ethereal Entropy for the "disable them so your buddies can pound the crap out of them." strategy.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Heretic, I've sent you an email with a basic character suggestion. Let me know what you think; if it works, I'll sketch it out and put it forward.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #14
tHEhERETIC

Photobucket is a bad, bad snitch. I got quite a few hits on the MHC character page.

Alas, I'm building a new page for the new story. Here.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERETIC/characters.html

Nonbumpiness--for the new characters, I have a message Dominic wants to send to a Soldier of Creation. If either one of you wants to be that unfortunate courier...I'll have to think of a way for the other one to get involved.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-18-2011 at 07:03 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #15
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Nonbumpiness--for the new characters, I have a message Dominic wants to send to a Soldier of Creation. If either one of you wants to be that unfortunate courier...I'll have to think of a way for the other one to get involved.
Funny enough I was playing with the thought of making a Mercurian of Creation but then Rocket Man talked me into going back to our favorite psycho fanatic
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #16
Puck

Quote:
Okay by me, but a couple complications.
Puck, have you done everything you intended to do here? When we jump over to PW, we'll be fast-forwarding a couple months.
I have one objective here, and it's not been met. Looks like maybe it won't, so I'll have to write around it. I don't want to screw it up by saying what it is, only that I've been carefully watching those 'totems' to make a decision.

Andygal and RocketMan have yet to put together characters, and until they do (and anyone else checks in) I really can't start that part. I'm sure they'll take suggestions...
Basicly yep, he's interested in who, if any of the potental Soliders will actualy sign up, but I suppose that can be taken care of in a wrap up post. You also might condider a summary of the old game just so the new players know who's who.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #17
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Basicly yep, he's interested in who, if any of the potental Soliders will actualy sign up, but I suppose that can be taken care of in a wrap up post. You also might condider a summary of the old game just so the new players know who's who.
I'll try to keep it short --gigglesnort--

Of course, there's always the fun of discovering something anew.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #18
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
I'll try to keep it short --gigglesnort--

Of course, there's always the fun of discovering something anew.
Looking forward to it. :-)

Meanwhile, now that Heretic has seen the concept, I'll have my own Malakite of Creation ready to introduce to the crew on Thursday or Friday.

Yes, Malakite. No, definitely NOT a killjoy ... well, not unless your tastes run to certain sorts of fun, that is.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #19
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Looking forward to it. :-)

Meanwhile, now that Heretic has seen the concept, I'll have my own Malakite of Creation ready to introduce to the crew on Thursday or Friday.

Yes, Malakite. No, definitely NOT a killjoy ... well, not unless your tastes run to certain sorts of fun, that is.
It will be in teresting to see how the Creation Malakite mixes with the Fire Soldier
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #20
tHEhERETIC

And who, if anyone, a Creation Malakite is In Service To.

Opening for new characters should appear in a new IC thread as soon as work gives me a minute to breathe.

Tags
in nomine