Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #1001
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Sure, why not?
Thank you! Last question and I'll make my move -- is the road bare dirt, gravel or paved?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #1002
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Thank you! Last question and I'll make my move -- is the road bare dirt, gravel or paved?
Poorly paved.

BTW I realized something today--those motorcycles are vessels. And since the ethereals who were driving them have gone upstairs, they're going to start "being reclaimed." I realized in retrospect that that's the other reason Artemis left without argument--maybe she kept track of who had what bike?

Stop me before I get too devious! (OTOH that's the last time I'm hinging a plot point on a numbers count. My tracking just is not that good.)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 12-16-2012 at 09:21 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #1003
Rocket Man

As a side note, it's also occurred to him that the sign would make a great vaulting pole if he needs to leave the bike in a hurry. :)

Old 12-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #1004
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
As a side note, it's also occurred to him that the sign would make a great vaulting pole if he needs to leave the bike in a hurry. :)
You're making this decision entirely too easy. (But I won't write it until I'm at home and in full possession of my attention span and my cards.)

Mitch has the brain-space to catch this, and Sunae has been counting. Here's the motorcycle situation so far (going to try to put a link under a fnord)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps6b4a0c26.jpg
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #1005
Rocket Man

Quote:
You're making this decision entirely too easy.
LOL. I have evil GM tendencies myself, so I consider contingency plans a good thing. (And this was actually an adaptation of my first idea, which was to vault off his bike and onto the other ... that one failed the KISS test in my head.)

Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #1006
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
LOL. I have evil GM tendencies myself, so I consider contingency plans a good thing. (And this was actually an adaptation of my first idea, which was to vault off his bike and onto the other ... that one failed the KISS test in my head.)
It likely would have ended about the way the leaping onto the kitchen table stunt worked...though I hate to repeat such things.

---nonbumpiness--
Potential new player just caught this reference. I'm calling that a very good sign.

"Hey a--b--!"

---------------yet more nonbumpiness---

Just wanted to pass along a compliment and add one or two of my own:

Person in PM said she wanted a plushie of Remiel (realizing how impossible that is) because it is just so damned cute.

I'm floored (forgive the pun) with Glen's reaction to that last banishing. Preaching from the floor--I laughed so hard. I promise you, Dallilama, while the mule kicks just as hard, it gets easier with practice.

You've all--especially ladyarcana--have been great sports with my numbers puzzle, considering I goofed that.

RocketMan's language is always delightfully colorful.

Puck--wow, you're still here and Mitch is still interesting. That takes some creativity and stamina. Please stay a bit more, because he's going to be the contact point for the next round (if things go slightly as planned).

I love watching the dialogues between PC's.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 12-18-2012 at 05:58 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #1007
Rocket Man

Quote:
Just as he's about to get cocky with his jackflapping skills, Kane will sense something weird, something that will give him half a second to react. The motorcycle is vanishing out from under him.

He's close enough to the other bike to get a grip on its passenger. Unhorsed, however, he might not have the leverage anymore to flip them both off. Might.

((OOC catch me on FB chat if you can)

Does the motorcycle have any kind of rise or guard in the back? Whether along these lines or something fancier?

Also, is Kane directly behind the other bike (six o'clock), at a slight angle (seven or five o'clock), or running parallel (nine or three o'clock)?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #1008
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Does the motorcycle have any kind of rise or guard in the back? Whether along these lines or something fancier?
The bikes are Sword-made vessels for a particular task, a task that was never to include passengers. No guard/rise, but barely enough seat room for that passenger to be there.

Quote:
Also, is Kane directly behind the other bike (six o'clock), at a slight angle (seven or five o'clock), or running parallel (nine or three o'clock)?
I don't know--what would he do? >;)
Old 12-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #1009
tHEhERETIC

There's been some serious RL on the western end of all this, but I'm at home on de facto vacation. Now I've got a ton of paperwork and housecleaning to do, but otherwise I'm fairly bored. Must remember I have a bicycle and a camera, and not just a computer and some blankets.

That said, a quick recap off the top of my head before I go do laundry:

Hereward got banished because he threw a fist at Glen. Artemis left of her own accord, and Odin left in part to get away from Purifying Flame. You notice motorcycles are starting to ascend too--Laurence is awfully efficient here! That makes things a bit awkward as the bikes are not vanishing in the same sequence as their riders, meaning Corat and Kane both had bikes vanish beneath them.

Kane was pursuing two Aesir, one of whom vanished, the other he has grappled with the post of a Yield sign. Corat was pursuing another when his bike disappeared--how he managed mere road rash (admittedly down to the tendons of his arm) and not getting sliced by the katana is a mystery to me. All the same he's sprinting to the other guy...both Aesir could simply vanish out of their predicaments, with a little bit of Will.

And Remiel, limited by passerine anatomy, is the only one close enough to stop them. Well, pigeon anatomy and the anatomy of anything else it could possess in a very big hurry.

Kane is definitely out of Essence, and everyone else is low or out.

Will have to go back through the archives to see where Kingman's books actually are--I thought we retrieved them much earlier.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #1010
Dalillama

Quote:
Will have to go back through the archives to see where Kingman's books actually are--I thought we retrieved them much earlier.
Kingman's books are still at Kingman's. The first time we were due to go for them Sunae decided she didn't trust Glen to take them and wanted to go destroy them herself. She was on her way to do that when the car duel involving Earl broke out, IIRC. There was a converstion with Ryuki in there somewhere, then Glen and Mitch set out after the books, but were distracted by Shuck, who led them to the dogfight.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine