Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 02-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Yamiblade

Default The word of Selfishness

I'm considering making a demon prince who bears that word. Just wanna know all of your opinions on how powerful it is (seeing as hell pretty much exists because of selfishness) before I make it.
Yamiblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: The word of Selfishness

Pretty darn powerful, I'd say. I'd rate it up there with other Words that "define" Hell, like The War and Fate.
However, I'm not sure that a Prince with that Word would get to enjoy their status. That's a pretty big overlap with Fate, and Kronos is not one to take competition well. Selfishness is going to have to become either very subservient to Kronos, or cultivate some strong allies in the Kronos-hating camp - Kobal, Hagenti, Andrealphus, et al.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #3
Elberon

I've always pegged Selfishness as Lucifers word and thats partly why no-one can dislodge him as ultimately anyone going for it will be doing so for selfish reasons and so promote Lucifers word as much as thier's let alone all the demons pushing humanity around for their own little goals.

Add in the fact that Angels and Demons all look for Words (I know Angels would only do it for selfless reasons ;-> ) and I just can't see Lucifer granting the word unless he was very very close to redeeming....

Chris
Elberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
gjc8

I've always considered it the main contender for Lucifer's "word", insomuch as he has one. So it is incredibly powerful. In fact, I'd say definitely more powerful than any other Infernal word other than maybe Fate.
gjc8 is offline   Reply With Quote