Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
fugazi

Default Can i use distracted on a dead munchkin to keep them dead one more round?

Can i use distracted on a dead munchkin to keep them dead one more round?
My wife died in a room
can i play distracted on her and keep her from respawning at the entrance?

Just to clarify there are only 2 players my wife and I.

She says that if I play the distracted card on my turn that when my turn is over she can move around normally.

I say if I play the card on my turn that she can only search and make deals on her turn and then its my turn again.

Which is correcT?

Last edited by fugazi; 06-27-2013 at 08:23 PM.
fugazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Can i use distracted on a dead munchkin to keep them dead one more round?

The card clearly says that if it is played on someone when it is not their turn, then they cannot move until the end of their next turn, so your wife was wrong on that point.

The rules also say that while you are dead, "You can still play cards, but not those that affect your character, because right now he’s dead." This means that you would not be able to Curse the dead player with Curse! Distracted after they die as that is a card which affects their character.

You could play the Curse immediately after they appear in the Entrance at the start of their turn to force them to waste their turn, though (as there is nowhere for them to move and they cannot Search the Entrance).