Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 03-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
Viking1965

Default A Little Insight

I live in Canada so the price would reflect the Canadian Dollar.
Does anyone know if you can purchase specific items needed to play Munchkins Quest with 5-6 players without having to spend $40.00 + tax on the expansion box?
After paying $60.00 + tax I would prefer not having to pay a lot more for another 2 people to play.
I have noticed that you can purchace a replacement set for $15.00 (I assume would be U.S. dollars) but there are two problems with that.
1-After exchange rate and shipping I might as well purchace the expansion box.
2-The replacement set is for everything that you already have in Munchkins Quest that still wont allow you the necessary items to play a 5-6 player game.
Viking1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: A Little Insight

You can buy the +6 Bag o' Munchkins to get the orange and purple pawns (and extra copies of the other four colors). However, you will not get any monster bases, the two missing level counters, or the cards that give bonuses to the purple and orange players, putting them at a disadvantage.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking1965
I live in Canada so the price would reflect the Canadian Dollar.
Does anyone know if you can purchase specific items needed to play Munchkins Quest with 5-6 players without having to spend $40.00 + tax on the expansion box?
After paying $60.00 + tax I would prefer not having to pay a lot more for another 2 people to play.
I have noticed that you can purchace a replacement set for $15.00 (I assume would be U.S. dollars) but there are two problems with that.
1-After exchange rate and shipping I might as well purchace the expansion box.
2-The replacement set is for everything that you already have in Munchkins Quest that still wont allow you the necessary items to play a 5-6 player game.
You're not only getting the stuff for two players, you know. You get more cards (which means more Treasure, more Monsters, and more tricks to play on people), more links, more rooms, and added variety, not to mention a new type of card in the Monster deck to make things more exciting. That's some value added right there. Far more than just the ability to add two players.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
Cheese8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan
You're not only getting the stuff for two players, you know. You get more cards (which means more Treasure, more Monsters, and more tricks to play on people), more links, more rooms, and added variety, not to mention a new type of card in the Monster deck to make things more exciting. That's some value added right there. Far more than just the ability to add two players.
I have to agree. MQ 2 is well worth the money. Not only do you get the extra players, but a bigger dungeon, bigger draw decks, and everything else. Well worth it IMHO.
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
Sentinel

Definately lots of fun stuff included with MQ2. I am very happy that I purchased it. I used to live in Canada so I feel your pain.

Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote