Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #1851
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Madame la GM, if you would take Marc back, I would appreciate it. (If you haven't already.) Life Has Been Happening and I'm not sure I'll be able to jump back on the thread until the weekend.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:24 AM   #1852
tHEhERETIC

Alright, getting everyone together and back in the western hemisphere.

The flight from FUK (nearest airport to Kumamoto) to HNL looks like about 7 and a half hours, plenty of time for Ryuki to sleep, sober up and have a conversation before they arrive. Such conversation might be best handled in PM with me over on FB...the three of us, if we can make that work. They'll then arrive for their connection in Honolulu where they can ditch the fake passports and use their real IDs...well, two of them can anyway.

After that there'll be a little color on the landing, possibly, but nothing earth-shattering. After that they'll transfer to the RedEye tether where the celestials can catch up with them. Cameron...still not easy but at least being tech-savvy she can Skype in until the party is in L.A.

chumley, you might want to catch me in chat as well to get Cameron caught up timewise.

Mitch will have time to plot, scheme and gather information or just do maintenance on the shop, whichever Puck finds better.

After all this catching up on sleep and dramas, the party is due to gather whatever intel they can before meeting up with Ruby at a performance of the Mikado. What will happen in L.A. before that, to advance the arc and get everyone firmly embroiled in it--I haven't decided yet.

That's the plan. Christmas is in a week so I don't expect anyone to be in any hurry on it, but it also means I'll be dreadfully bored at work next week and inclined to plot.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #1853
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
That's the plan. Christmas is in a week so I don't expect anyone to be in any hurry on it, but it also means I'll be dreadfully bored at work next week and inclined to plot.
I can be on chat whenever you can just let me know
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:45 PM   #1854
Puck

Just fyi, I'll be town for a week starting tomorrow for the holidays and might be slow to post. Hope everyone has a great holiday!
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:52 PM   #1855
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Just fyi, I'll be town for a week starting tomorrow for the holidays and might be slow to post. Hope everyone has a great holiday!
Out of town, will post tomorrow
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:25 AM   #1856
ladyarcana55

I just realized something Rocket Man happened to mention that I didn't know about...

If all of the angels leave Japan, wouldn't that bring out the First Trumpet?

But I am assuming not all of the Superiors are going to go for that anyway. And Anna may not have known that but Sunae certainly would have...

Could we have a bit of clarification please?
Old 12-23-2015, 03:09 AM   #1857
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
I just realized something Rocket Man happened to mention that I didn't know about...

If all of the angels leave Japan, wouldn't that bring out the First Trumpet?

But I am assuming not all of the Superiors are going to go for that anyway. And Anna may not have known that but Sunae certainly would have...

Could we have a bit of clarification please?
Sorry, handled in PM. It didn't occur to me, actually, but there are complications with it.

First, in our little canon, Gabriel blew her trumpet in 1999. While Fall of the Malakim is a legend--likely just a legend--there was a widespread clearing out of Los Angeles at that time. Not a total clearing out as we know, but it fooled plenty of celestials at the time. The trumpet blew, but it's not clear why. Maybe Gabriel was just having a day. I don't know and she won't say.

So there's the possibility that the Superiors have quietly left an angel or two in Japan despite what was said. There aren't many to begin with, but the Disturbance of one entering would easily be hidden by the Disturbance of a handful leaving. Angels may be truthful but that doesn't mean they're not sneaky.

The kami are quite possibly unaware of the particulars of the prophecy--remember, you're not speaking to high level folks here--or simply have other things on their minds. Maybe they're willing to risk it to keep the War cold. Maybe the Great City being emptied of children of Heaven is necessary but not sufficient, like a prophecy that happens on the full moon but not on every full moon.

In truth, I overlooked it. I may incorporate the idea after the fact if it works with the big plan. The big criticism of the Revelations Cycle is that PCs end up spectators, and I'm already fighting against that with this plot.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:05 AM   #1858
ladyarcana55

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

I hope everyone is having an awesome Christmas, whatever that may mean for you.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #1859
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

I hope everyone is having an awesome Christmas, whatever that may mean for you.
And to you! From the player of the complete ass. (Amazed that got past the censor). Oh wait...I'm the GM.

My awesome Christmas involved overindulging, and I'm happily paying for that today. Admittedly my drug was travel. 16km biking on one day is a lot of adrenaline...
Old 01-02-2016, 11:47 PM   #1860
tHEhERETIC

I'm not waiting for anyone but myself--I've got what I'll call a travel hangover. Friday, I biked 12km (most days I do 4-6km with a day of rest afterwards), then went to Haeundae Beach and walked around for much of Saturday. Tomorrow is work, and I had to backspace twice to get the right days on what I just wrote. Add the monthly and about the only part of me that isn't trashed is my rib cage. Brain? Shoulders? Anything below the waist? Pointless.

On the bus to Busan I mentally wrote Mile Higher Club: the Jukebox Musical. Maybe later I'll post that here--it was a fun little brain-toy.

The opening musical number is "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show" by Neil Diamond, as a homage to the inspiration that started it all. There's a preacher singing the song but he's not who the audience is watching. Instead, Gavin Russo is at the tent revival taking how-to notes and the Baron Samedi is there, looking like an ordinary black man but having an unusually good time. Ryuki pokes his head in, simply curious, disapproves, sees Gavin and really disapproves, and then walks out. The next scene is on an airplane...

Forward to Bat's Day Bazaar. Interior, Gavin is starting up the ritual, trying to follow the whole tent-revival theme but adding the sorcerous touch, egged on by the Baron. Cue Prince's "Let's Go Crazy".

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-03-2016 at 02:36 AM. Reason: nonbumpiness
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine