Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 12-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #11
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Re: Ogre Multiplayer Event - Celebrity Special featuring Steve Jackson himself!

The scenario seems to be random. I've played two games and gotten Last Train Out both times, one as attacker and once as defender.

One of my matches took more than 20 minutes; the others were fast. I say others, plural, because once I got Jake and once I got Drew, and we didn't play each other, preferring to clear the decks for other players. As I type this, Drew is waiting for an opponent; he'll let Winch and me know when he gets one.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #12
dwalend

Default Re: Ogre Multiplayer Event - Celebrity Special featuring Steve Jackson himself!

My apologies to nyrathwiz - I'm out of battery and have to go pick up a kid.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #13
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
The scenario seems to be random. I've played two games and gotten Last Train Out both times, one as attacker and once as defender.
I also got Last Train Out (and screwed up deployment, thinking I was playing _The Train_.)
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #14
Mack_JB

I tried a game, got the Mk. V attacks as defender, and got wiped off the board due to my usual inability to roll high numbers.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #15
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

And I'm signing off. Thanks to everyone who helped set this up, and everyone who played!
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #16
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
I also got Last Train Out (and screwed up deployment, thinking I was playing _The Train_.)
Me too. That said, Bounder played well and deservedly trounced me.

Also, I owe him another game; our Breakthrough game froze during setup and I can't get into it! Bounder - let's connect sometime after the holiday to try again!

Thanks everyone!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #17
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Had a great time today. Had a couple issues, but got in 5 games and added a few more Steam friends. :-)
Old 12-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #18
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Yes, they are definitely random in ranked play (it's one of the things I've requested be modified). I'd like to be able to define what scenario or what side I prefer to play, or at the very least, define Ogre or GEV scenario.

The only way to get what you want it to play unranked skirmishes with your Steam friends and schedule a game.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #19
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
Also, what's a likely amount of time to wait for a game?
it depends greatly on the number of people waiting. it can range from seconds to a half hour, depending on your luck.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #20
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
it depends greatly on the number of people waiting. it can range from seconds to a half hour, depending on your luck.
I let it run once for eight hours with no joy...
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
designer, event, multiplayer, multiplayer online games, play, steve jackson