Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Alden Loveshade

Default My GCA is PDF

I have a knack for making things not work. I just opened a GCA4 character in GCA4 and it came up looking like a PDF file! This is in Quick View--when I use a different tab it looks like a GCA4 file.

I opened a couple other characters and they look like GCA4 files in Quick View. The name of the file in question ends with .gca4 and moving my mouse over the file names shows "Type: GCA4 Character file."

I suspect it's probably something I screwed up that can be fixed but don't know how.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: My GCA is PDF

Do you mean that you can't edit anything in the QuickView? Then you probably have set the sheet used for the QuickView to a sheet that doesn't support editing (which is any other than Phoenix or the built-in.)

Go into Options, click on the Current Character Options tab, and change the QuickView Sheet drop-down to a the blank option, or to Phoenix, and your editing should be available again.

Armin
Old 04-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: My GCA is PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Do you mean that you can't edit anything in the QuickView? Then you probably have set the sheet used for the QuickView to a sheet that doesn't support editing (which is any other than Phoenix or the built-in.)

Go into Options, click on the Current Character Options tab, and change the QuickView Sheet drop-down to a the blank option, or to Phoenix, and your editing should be available again.

Armin
Actually, it was Tools/Options/Character Sheet Options. But anyway the QuickView Sheet was set on charactersheet.gcs. I went to blank and it's back in editable form. I never set it to charactersheet.gcs on purpose--I must have bumped something or other. In any case, thanks!
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gca4, pdf