Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 04-13-2017, 01:38 PM   #991
Refplace

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Douglas has the right of that, for certain :/
The man himself!
Dear Steve I want to thank you for a great game system, excellent customer service and overall the support for GURPS even though it is not the big cash cow some of your other systems are. I came here from the beginning based on my experience with your work at Metagaming and never regretted or looked back.
So thank you very much!

As regards Marketing that Youtube channel does not have a lot of activity, maybe they could do more unboxing or a monthly news video to maintain regular traffic.
Also if I may suggest a change or extra option to the online policy page?
How about adding the SJG social media and YouTube links to the list?
Currently all the bloggers link to the SJG website but if we also link to Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube (or anything else you have I do not know about) it would add some visibility at the mmere cost of updating that section on your site.
See Disclaimers and Notices. In the meantime I just added them to my blog.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #992
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I hate that it is so easy to miss things done by SJG.
I've stopped sobbing long enough to type.

Where do you go to learn about our games and events?

Would a large "follow us" in the navigation bar -- that links to a page showing all of the places you can interact with us and learn about things -- be in any way useful to you?
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:29 PM   #993
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Gaming Balistic

Dungeon Fantastic had a link to the stakeholders report.

The W23 speculation thread.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:29 PM   #994
Refplace

Quote:
I've stopped sobbing long enough to type.

Would a large "follow us" in the navigation bar -- that links to a page showing all of the places you can interact with us and learn about things -- be in any way useful to you?
It would have helped me.
I come here every single day, I hit Youtube most every day, Facebook and twitter if I get an email update of something interesting.
A follow us button on the nav bar would make it easier for new people and I could link to that page on my blog and hopefully other bloggers would as well.
Of course that only reaches people who go there and what we really need is to spread the word wider. However as far as advertising goes the cost is rather low so I think its a great step.

PS: Sorry about the sobbing but if it helps a lot of your customers feel the same way.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #995
Kalzazz

A News and Announcements forum where links appeared to interesting things to go look at would be very helpful

I've started reading DaIly Illuminator way more now that it gets forum announcements (BTW would be helpful if they contained more of a teaser)

I didn't find out about the Ogre Designers edition kickstarter until long after it was over and done
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:35 PM   #996
Kalzazz

Also I would really like if more transparency and explanation was presented concerning MIBs
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:09 PM   #997
jcfiala

So, whatever did end up happening with UltraCorps? Does it work?

Looking at http://ultracorps.sjgames.com/about.html, it says that as of November 2009, it's ready to launch.
jcfiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #998
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
This is vital. As the company turns 37 this year, our processes and documentation are a patchwork that built over time. That means there are instances where we need to rip down and rebuild fresh, rather than keep adding to older materials.

Unfortunately, the work on this has stalled as Monica (and Steve) have jumped in to assist the team with wrapping up Dungeon Fantasy. We hope to turn back to the documentation work as soon as Dungeon Fantasy is at print.
At least you recognize that this is a priority, which is good.

I recognize that it falls under overhead - something that won't directly earn money for the business, but should indirectly help the business not lose money in certain ways - and overhead isn't always what needs to be worked on at certain particular times.

Please don't put this too far on the back burner; I like seeing Steve Jackson Games stay in business.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #999
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
I didn't find out about the Ogre Designers edition kickstarter until long after it was over and done
Well, please let's not let THAT ever happen again! I'd like to request . . . no, encourage . . . no . . . plead in every manner that might work, for you to sign up to our Ogre News feed. You can find it here, and join by clicking on "Join Group".

D.

(Don't read this parenthetical remark! Go there now! What are you still doing here . . .?)

<grin>

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #1000
Žorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Quote:
Anyone who has not yet pre-ordered the game should go to their local store and state: I want to pre-order this game, please.
How about those of us who either don't have an FLGS or have an incompetent one?

FWIW, I pre-ordered at the FLGS in November or December last year. In February I'd heard nothing at all from them and I was there anyway and decided to look at the GURPS titles they had (about five) and there BEHIND the Basic Set was a copy of Discworld. I pointed out this failure of theirs to them and that was it. However, I heard later that a friend of mine had just about the same experience there. But the copy they got first for him was faulty and understandably he was not keen on it so they got him a new one, and put the faulty copy on the shelf again...

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Žorkell is offline   Reply With Quote