Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #41
Dewey

Default Re: GURPS Historial PbP

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb View Post
maybe a russion/german/polish man at arms or a grizzled english sgt at arms or a polish winged hussar(but the point lvl is a little low i think to make that),maybe a hvy mongol horsearcher who is a free mercenary...
A mercenary character would fit, but I don't think that the Teutonic knights would be willing to hire a mongol.
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #42
Dewey

Basic Teutonic Knight [66]
Attributes: ST 12 [20]; DX 11 [20]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 11[10].
Secondary Characteristics: Damage 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs.; HP
12 [0];Will 10 [0]; Per 10 [0]; FP 11 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0];
Basic Move 6 [0].

Advantages: Legal Immunity [15] and Patron (Church; 6 or
less; Equipment, +50%) [15], Language (Latin, accented/none) [2] • A total of 15 points to be
spent on advantages chosen from ST +1 [10], HT +1 [10],
Will +1 to +3 [5/level], Charisma [5/level], Claim to Hospitality
(Religious order) [Varies], Combat Reflexes [15], Fit
[5], Languages (improve Latin or other) [Varies], or Status [5/level].

Disadvantages: One of Duty (Church; 15 or less) [-15] or
Fanaticism[-15]. • A total of -25 further points in disadvantages
selected from among these two and/or Bloodlust
[-10*], Disciplines of Faith [Varies], Impulsiveness [-10*],
Intolerance [-5 or -10], Overconfidence [-5*], Sense of Duty
[Varies], or Vow [varies].

Primary Skills: Riding (Horse) (A) DX-1
[1]-10; and Theology (Christian) (H) IQ-2 [2]-8, Broadsword (A) DX [2]-11 Shield (E) DX [1]-11 Lance (A) DX [2]-11, One of Axe/Mace (A) DX [2]-11 or Flail (H) DX-1 [2]-10.

Secondary Skills and Background Skills: Four of Hidden Lore (Religious Objects) (A) IQ-1 [1]-9; Leadership (A) IQ-1 1]-9; Tactics (H) IQ-2 [1]-8; First Aid (E) IQ [1]-10; Falconry or Heraldry, both (A) IQ-1 [1]-9; Diplomacy, Naturalist, or Strategy (Land), all (H) IQ-2 [1]-8; or Tracking (A) Per-1 [1]-9.

Here's the second version of the template, at 70 points. I added Accented and illiterate Latin (Remember that not many people could read in the 13th century) and Made Lance non-optional.

Last edited by Dewey; 05-06-2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Taking people's suggestions into account.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #43
fictionfan

It seems to work and means that all of us will at least be combat competent. I guess I am going to have to spend the 15 points on Charisma.
fictionfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #44
combatmedic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
Swedish knight, young, idealistic, about to get disillusioned...
Arn the Crusader!

Errr...Asta the Crusader!
combatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #45
Purple Haze

This needs Status 2 and Very Wealthy.

Latin is mandatory, it is their operational language. They may all be "german" but platsdeutch, hauptdeutch, frisian, and english are not mutually intelligeble.

Lance is madatory too. It is their primary weapon.
Purple Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #46
NickP

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb View Post
what year exactly is the game to take place in at start?
I need to do a fair bit more reading before I can say exactly, but I think it would be good to start right at the beginning, when the Sword Brethren first arrive in 1202 - that way the party would be exploring completely virgin territory.

The template looks pretty good to me, Dewey. The Crusades supplement recommended 75 points to start, so maybe you want to add another 9 points' worth to it?
NickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #47
downer

Status I get, but very wealthy? If I'm not mistaken, the order held to monastic practices of indivdual "poverty", meaning that no knight could have any personal wealth, but would have to rely on the (certainly impressive) resources of the order. So, while the characters may be living a fairly luxurious life by medieval standards, they can not just go ahead and spend money on stuff. Therefore any wealth advantage seems inappropriate to me. It's more like a patron with high FoA or something like that.
I agree that all characters should know at least some Latin.

So, not having worked with templates before, how do we do this? Everyone gets the template, fine. We take our picks, so not all characters are alike. And then? Do we have any "freebies" to spend on top of the template? Or do we get to pick additional disadvantages to obtain additional points?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #48
Kalzazz

I believe 'provides equipment greater than starting wealth of setting' is +100% modifier, not +50%
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #49
reb

so it's 1202 AD then?
how bout a english mounted longbowman?
(i know you don't use a longbow from horseback),it can be done though/see weapons that made britain-longbow on you tube.chevouche(raid)
usually they dismounted when fighting,for extended archery shooting or fought from horseback with a hand weapon.

would that fit?they were used in the crusades and as a prior crusader he could easilly be out of work at the moment looking for loot.

Last edited by reb; 05-06-2011 at 12:25 AM.
reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #50
Dewey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
This needs Status 2 and Very Wealthy.

Latin is mandatory, it is their operational language. They may all be "german" but platsdeutch, hauptdeutch, frisian, and english are not mutually intelligeble.

Lance is madatory too. It is their primary weapon.
This is a basic template, not a full-fledged knight. I also modified this from en existing template rather than custom making it. I'm going to hold off on the Status and especially the wealth until I hear from the DM.
Also, I'm not sure how detailed we're planning on getting with the languages.

Downer, Let's say we get 100 points to make a character. We would spend 70 points on the template, and then you would get between 30 and 35 (depending on how many quirks you take) more points to spend on whatever you want, as long as the GM allows it.

Last edited by Dewey; 05-06-2011 at 07:10 AM.