Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-15-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
Corvagan

Default Help w/ making a kool-aid man mind control attack

okay so i'm making the kool-aid man.
more or less done with everything but i want to give him a special attack that can be used to mind-control people once they've drunk the kool-aid so to speak.

how i went about it by making an affliction that has the cone, blood agent, and attribute penalty modifiers (lowers their int and thus their will to resist mind control). this is then followed up by the mind control roll to make them into puppets. apparently i need to buy a skill or modify one to use it now.
  • Affliction 19 points/level taken at level 3 for 57 points
  • Mind Control 50 points - 40% (Puppet) + 10% (No Memory) for a -30% cost modifier for a cost of 35 points.

my gm suggested i use innate attack instead.

i have 180 points left to make this feature. what is the most cost efficient way of going about it?

with innate attack it looks like i'd go like this

Innate Attack (Tox) at 4pts/level
add modifier cone +50% plus one yard max width for fun at +10% making it +60%
then blood agent at +100% so that i can ignore DR
for a total of +160%
So this would come out to 6.4 points per level so lets say 7 points per level.
seems cheaper i suppose but is there a way of doing it so that i can also lower their willpower to resist my mind control?

thanks for any suggestions.
Corvagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
dfinlay

Default Re: Help w/ making a kool-aid man mind control attack

If the core idea is "Can mind control people who've drunk my kool-aid", I'd model that directly, rather than mucking around with Innate Attack and Affliction. This is modelled by adding "Accessibility: Only on people who've drunk the kool-aid" to your mind control advantage. Without thinking about it too carefully, I'd say that's probably a -20% to a -30% accessibility.
dfinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:21 AM   #3
Harald387

Default Re: Help w/ making a kool-aid man mind control attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvagan View Post
okay so i'm making the kool-aid man.
more or less done with everything but i want to give him a special attack that can be used to mind-control people once they've drunk the kool-aid so to speak.

how i went about it by making an affliction that has the cone, blood agent, and attribute penalty modifiers (lowers their int and thus their will to resist mind control). this is then followed up by the mind control roll to make them into puppets. apparently i need to buy a skill or modify one to use it now.
  • Affliction 19 points/level taken at level 3 for 57 points
  • Mind Control 50 points - 40% (Puppet) + 10% (No Memory) for a -30% cost modifier for a cost of 35 points.

my gm suggested i use innate attack instead.

i have 180 points left to make this feature. what is the most cost efficient way of going about it?

with innate attack it looks like i'd go like this

Innate Attack (Tox) at 4pts/level
add modifier cone +50% plus one yard max width for fun at +10% making it +60%
then blood agent at +100% so that i can ignore DR
for a total of +160%
So this would come out to 6.4 points per level so lets say 7 points per level.
seems cheaper i suppose but is there a way of doing it so that i can also lower their willpower to resist my mind control?

thanks for any suggestions.
I'd have a look at how things are handled in GURPS Psionic Powers (the 'Suggestion' power on p.63 levels into full Mind Control) and use that as a model.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote