Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #11
whswhs

Default Re: The 2016 w23 Digital Release and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
[*]Unknown Project (by Bill Stoddard): Kromm has gone 60% of the way through; Kromm has finished his draft ; has gotten edit comments back; has gotten more revisions; has submitted his revised draft. (Total hints: 4 as of 12/11/2015)"]review[/URL]. (Total hints: 2 as of 12/11/2015)
If this is different from the Powers supplement, then it's not as advanced as this sounds, and I don't think either Kromm or I has described it so. At this point I've worked through the straightforward fixes suggested by Kromm's comments, and I have several weeks to address the ones that require substantive revision or writing actual new material. I'm optimistic about making that deadline.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #12
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
If this is different from the Powers supplement, then it's not as advanced as this sounds, and I don't think either Kromm or I has described it so. At this point I've worked through the straightforward fixes suggested by Kromm's comments, and I have several weeks to address the ones that require substantive revision or writing actual new material. I'm optimistic about making that deadline.
I've pulled this straight from his livejournal. I've added no extra without citing the source.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Old 01-01-2016, 06:25 PM   #13
whswhs

Quote:
I've pulled this straight from his livejournal. I've added no extra without citing the source.
Well, you know, you can believe that I don't know the state of progress of my own book, or that Kromm described it inaccurately, or that you misread what he wrote. But to me the first would seem least likely.

What Kromm actually said was "I finished my review of the first draft of the most recent first draft from Bill Stoddard." That's a bit confusing if you take it literally, and I can see how you could get at your reading. But it's also plausible to read it as Kromm having gotten briefly absent-minded and typed "first draft" a second time when he meant something else. Note that he said he wasn't feeling his best that week, and your fingers typing ahead of your brain happens to all of us.

The wording "of the first draft of the most recent book" describes the actual situation; so does "of the most recent first draft."

Old 01-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #14
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Well, you know, you can believe that I don't know the state of progress of my own book, or that Kromm described it inaccurately, or that you misread what he wrote. But to me the first would seem least likely.

What Kromm actually said was "I finished my review of the first draft of the most recent first draft from Bill Stoddard." That's a bit confusing if you take it literally, and I can see how you could get at your reading. But it's also plausible to read it as Kromm having gotten briefly absent-minded and typed "first draft" a second time when he meant something else. Note that he said he wasn't feeling his best that week, and your fingers typing ahead of your brain happens to all of us.

The wording "of the first draft of the most recent book" describes the actual situation; so does "of the most recent first draft."
I very well could have read it wrong. If you think I implied you don't know the status of your own book that was not my intention.

I'll be checking over the thread next week. For now it's up and that's enough. I honestly have more pressing concerns like wiring the electrical in my room and making sure the water flow is properly pressurized across the house. Otherwise I'll never hear the end of the screaming from those who live here who *must* have hot showers.

Become a Patron!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #15
whswhs

Quote:
I very well could have read it wrong. If you think I implied you don't know the status of your own book that was not my intention.
If it matters, what I was saying was not that the idea was insulting or offensive, but simply that it seemed, well, fanciful and unlikely.

There's no hurry about correcting it. I've remarked on it and anyone reading this thread will see that I've done so.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:31 AM   #16
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Remaining Classic Releases

GURPS: 19 remaining non-licensed items (13 GURPS, 6 Traveller):
I count 14 items on the list, with (of course) 0 Traveller items.

Considering the list is that short, does it need to remain in a spoiler box for brevity?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #17
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:

What Kromm actually said was "I finished my review of the first draft of the most recent first draft from Bill Stoddard." That's a bit confusing [...]
In fact, that was an error. I've edited it for clarity. Anyway, my point was that in addition to your mostly done GURPS Powers-series project, you also have something in the first-draft stage.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #18
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
If it matters, what I was saying was not that the idea was insulting or offensive, but simply that it seemed, well, fanciful and unlikely.

There's no hurry about correcting it. I've remarked on it and anyone reading this thread will see that I've done so.
Thanks, Bill. I've made the changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I count 14 items on the list, with (of course) 0 Traveller items.

Considering the list is that short, does it need to remain in a spoiler box for brevity?
Good call on both points. I've changed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
In fact, that was an error. I've edited it for clarity. Anyway, my point was that in addition to your mostly done GURPS Powers-series project, you also have something in the first-draft stage.
Ahhh. Ok. I see.

Become a Patron!
Old 01-05-2016, 01:44 AM   #19
Refplace

Nice hints on the Illuminator
PK has 2 series. No clue, but I'm sure I'll like it.
Phil Masters something in a genre that had no love since 3rd edition.
Cyberpunk, Supers, or a Humor piece like Goblins or IOU.
Other ideas?
Hans-Christian Vortisch is working on serializing one of his past publications
Maybe Covert Ops or Modern Firepower.

Car Wars count as a genre? Would be nice to have a GURPS tie-in to the new version.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-05-2016, 05:31 AM   #20
Randyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Hans-Christian Vortisch is working on serializing one of his past publications
Maybe Covert Ops or Modern Firepower.
Or maybe Special Ops, as he was one of the people who reworked the third edition of that 3e title. He's already done GURPS SEALs in Vietnam for 4e, which could be the ur-title for such a series.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm

Last edited by Randyman; 01-05-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
2016, speculation, w23