Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #61
Stripe

Default Re: [OOC] Dungeon Fantasy -- Gorefest Dungeon

Dang it, I'm getting sick, an affliction rare to my body. If anything, it will increase my ability to post, not hinder. However, if I for some reason this cold turns into a flu and I start downing sleepy meds, I'll let you all know.

I've learned that PbP takes much, much longer than table-top and this room, which might take five minutes real time, has taken a couple days. I'll try to put something for everyone in each room from now on. Well, rooms that are meant for such things.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus View Post
(Am I correct in assuming that you would not allow a Wait to interrupt a Move and Attack between the move and the attack? The ideal situation would be to stay out at Reach 2 of a golem the whole time, without coming into range for an attack.)
I'm not certain if I ever ruled on that before, but I'd say it can, yes. Do you want to be in another hex? If so, tell me and I'll put you there.
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman

Last edited by Stripe; 01-05-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #62
Jovus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
I'm not certain if I ever ruled on that before, but I'd say it can, yes. Do you want to be in another hex? If so, tell me and I'll put you there.
The difficulty here is that the Wait's action would be something like, "I take a Move and Attack; for each step my foe moves I move one backward until he stops moving or I run out of Move, then I Attack."

If you're fine with such interleaving of actions, then I'll happily do that with my quarterstaff. I'll wait until next turn though in any case, both because I don't want to make things more complicated and because Jim wants to see if the golem's interested in him anyhow.
Jovus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #63
Stripe

Honestly, I don't see any problem with that. We don't have to fuss with constructing some sort of Rube Goldberg machine of English composition to get it accomplished, either. So long as I know what you mean so your Waits will have the desired effect.

Anyways, the golem charging forward right now is eying Marcy pretty hard, so I think Jim is safe in the shadows for the moment.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #64
Jovus

Quote:
Honestly, I don't see any problem with that. We don't have to fuss with constructing some sort of Rube Goldberg machine of English composition to get it accomplished, either. So long as I know what you mean so your Waits will have the desired effect.
"When the golem takes a step forward, I put the ball on the hopper, so it travels down the seventeen feet of rail, bounces off the pad and rings the bell, which knocks out the support holding up the plumb-bob, which plunges to the floor, pulling taut the string that winds the gear, which ticks over and is stopped momentarily by its cam, and that drives home the scissors whch neatly snip the thread holding up the tin soldier, so he plummets down and hits one side of the lever sending the iron spike on the other end flying up toward the ceiling where it dislodges a carefully placed stone that drops onto the golem's head."
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #65
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus View Post
"When the golem takes a step forward, I put the ball on the hopper, so it travels down the seventeen feet of rail, bounces off the pad and rings the bell, which knocks out the support holding up the plumb-bob, which plunges to the floor, pulling taut the string that winds the gear, which ticks over and is stopped momentarily by its cam, and that drives home the scissors whch neatly snip the thread holding up the tin soldier, so he plummets down and hits one side of the lever sending the iron spike on the other end flying up toward the ceiling where it dislodges a carefully placed stone that drops onto the golem's head."
Hey! that was my idea!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #66
Stripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hey! that was my idea!
Honestly? I believe that.

;D

I am going to have to come up with something for you to sink your teeth into, Eric. Assuming your character survives this room!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #67
Stix4armz

Somebody mentioned this earlier, so I thought I'd say where I'm at as well. I am at no encumbrance because I have such a high ST, so with Basic Speed 7.25 and Giantism that means I have move 8. :)

Unfortunately the real reason I'm not encumbered is that armor for SM+1 people is really expensive so I didn't get any...
Stix4armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #68
Stripe

Too bad these guys didn't have full SM +1 bronze plate like the book suggested, eh? :)

You're up, BTW.

EDIT: I did, in fact, become sick. Just woke up and I'm pretty bad. For me, at least. If this is all it's got, my post rate won't be affected. My creativity will, though. Good thing I already have an idea what's in some of the rooms.

If anyone has any suggestions, fire away; I don't care if it's role-playing scenarios ("Give me a room of drunk goblins") or certain monsters ("I like Ray Harryhausen's Medusa") or items ("I want a cape of flight"), or dungeon layouts ("I like Zelda-like puzzles"), or whatever. Let me know.

Last edited by Stripe; 01-06-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #69
Jovus

Quote:
If anyone has any suggestions, fire away; I don't care if it's role-playing scenarios ("Give me a room of drunk goblins") or certain monsters ("I like Ray Harryhausen's Medusa") or items ("I want a cape of flight"), or dungeon layouts ("I like Zelda-like puzzles"), or whatever. Let me know.
Let's do something either under or in water. I'm not terribly comfortable with GURPS' rules for swimming and fighting in water, and this would be a good opportunity to give them a run-through.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #70
Stripe

Great minds think alike. I very much plan to do so! All of my dungeons have underwater stuff, which is why I have Pyramid 3/26: Underwater Adventures. There are next to no rules for water combat in all of GURPS other than in that issue of Pyramid. I only have about five issues of Pyramid, but once I heard that it was full of water combat crunch, I got it.

If you can wait, the entire second level is one big underwater cave. Some previews:

http://nathanrosario.deviantart.com/...2F194171&qo=57
http://nathanrosario.deviantart.com/...2F194171&qo=63
http://nathanrosario.deviantart.com/...2F194171&qo=28

For the third level's theme, I want to do a lot with rules for flying combatants, something I have almost no experience using.