Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Christopher R. Rice

Default The 2013 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

Figured I'd go ahead and throw this up. I'm really hoping that we get at least one new book after the holidays are completely over. And hopefully JD will be back soon to offer his awesome insights.

Till then, what are your guys thoughts?

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: The 2013 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

I expect to see some OGRE support Real Soon Now, timed to match the release of the big box.

On the flip side, I think we In Nomine fans are probably going to go through a dry spell this year - all the back catalog is already up on e23, and there's no rumours of new content in the pipeline. (Wishes, yes - I can think of a baker's-dozen possible titles and possible writers for two of those thirteen supplements off the top of my head - but no rumours.)

As for GURPS... there'll always be Pyramid at the very least.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Figured I'd go ahead and throw this up.
Actually, it makes far more sense to let jalapeno_dude start the new thread. That way, the thread will begin with his regularly-edited posts, rather than with soon-outdated chatter.

As for my own contribution to the chatter, since Ogre is still distending the body of the SJG production snake, and I believe that some of the much-needed vacations announced earlier were pushed back due to Ogre delays, I'm not counting on much new GURPS content until Valentine's Day or thereabouts. May I be pleasantly surprised instead.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I expect to see some OGRE support Real Soon Now, timed to match the release of the big box.

On the flip side, I think we In Nomine fans are probably going to go through a dry spell this year - all the back catalog is already up on e23, and there's no rumours of new content in the pipeline. (Wishes, yes - I can think of a baker's-dozen possible titles and possible writers for two of those thirteen supplements off the top of my head - but no rumours.)

As for GURPS... there'll always be Pyramid at the very least.
I'd really like to see a In Nomine reboot to 4th edition myself. Hopefully we'll get some GURPS content soonish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Actually, it makes far more sense to let jalapeno_dude start the new thread. That way, the thread will begin with his regularly-edited posts, rather than with soon-outdated chatter.

As for my own contribution to the chatter, since Ogre is still distending the body of the SJG production snake, and I believe that some of the much-needed vacations announced earlier were pushed back due to Ogre delays, I'm not counting on much new GURPS content until Valentine's Day or thereabouts. May I be pleasantly surprised instead.
And the mod's could just as easily merge it if JD feels the need. I'm hoping we might get something before February myself but you're probably right.

Become a Patron!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post

As much as I love the snake/meal metaphor.... do you realize that you just implied the final Ogre product is poo?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
jalapeno_dude
e23 Speculator

Ghostdancer or someone else should feel free to run the 2013 thread--I won't be doing it myself. As you've probably noticed, I haven't been on these forums nearly as often as I'd like to be for the last few months--blame grad school.

Of course, reading Kromm's blog and a couple other sources and updating the front page only takes ~20 minutes a week, but I don't have the time (or, frankly, the interest at the moment) to actually read the forums, which is just as important. So someone else with more time should take over from me.

That being said, whoever takes over as Head Speculator will probably want more than one post at the top of the thread to edit, so mods should probably still close + re-open this...
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
adm

Jalapeno Dude; We understand the needs of Real Life. I thank you for your yeoman service in maintaining this as long as you have.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno_dude View Post
That being said, whoever takes over as Head Speculator will probably want more than one post at the top of the thread to edit, so mods should probably still close + re-open this...
I'd suggest renaming this thread and using the name "The 2013 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread" on the new thread, as well. I'll leave the tags I added - this thread is still "speculation" about "e23" - but if we do this, it won't be about the year's releases.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno_dude View Post
Ghostdancer or someone else should feel free to run the 2013 thread--I won't be doing it myself. As you've probably noticed, I haven't been on these forums nearly as often as I'd like to be for the last few months--blame grad school.

Of course, reading Kromm's blog and a couple other sources and updating the front page only takes ~20 minutes a week, but I don't have the time (or, frankly, the interest at the moment) to actually read the forums, which is just as important. So someone else with more time should take over from me.

Damn! Sorry man. :-(

I suppose I can take over (just till you get back!) since I pretty much have no life and read just about every thread on the forums. I'm going to borrow the notes you've already put together if you don't mind.

I'll contact the mods too.

Ghostdancer

Edit: Started a new thread and used JD's notes (can't improve on perfection!), I've also contacted the mods to merge the two threads but I doubt we'll get anything till after the holiday is over.

Become a Patron!

Last edited by Christopher R. Rice; 12-31-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Merging the threads is bad, because the earlier posts will appear, well, earlier, and you want the top post to be the main "here's what has come out and what we think will be next" message.

So, instead, I'm just closing this thread.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Closed Thread

Tags
e23, speculation