Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #1
LokRobster

Default GURPS Horseclans: Fixing "Bili the Axe" Adventure?

I was reading through some old Space Gamers and ran across WG Armintrout's interview about Bili the Axe, the solo adventure book for GURPS Horseclans. He seemed pretty pleased with it and I started wondering if anyone ever figured out how to correct the numeric entries to make the book playable.

I figure if no one here has, then it's probably not ever been done.

(History for those who don't know what I'm taking about, http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/BiliTheAxe/ was recalled shortly after hitting Pront back in the 80s, due to a numbering problem in the solo adventure path entires that rendered the book unplayable, and couldn't be corrected with errata. Most books have been destroyed, but some are available in Used Book form to this day...)
Old 05-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
AOTA

Default Re: GURPS Horseclans: Fixing "Bili the Axe" Adventure?

I got to playtest it back in the day (OMG I was still in the Air Force then!) and it was a fun adventure. The playtest wasn't messed up. But since the licence has expired I don't think you will ever see a good version. No I don't still have the playtest stuff that was thrown out many moves ago.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
Paulon

I've considered doing that on occasion, but other hobby projects that interested me more have meant it's never gotten past my 'to do someday' list.
Paulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
LokRobster

I bet quite a few have looked at the Return on Investment for such a project and decided that it wasn't quite worth the time to write out the new number paths to make it workable.

I figured it was worth a shot!

And yeah I knew that the license is long expired, maybe I should have mentioned that this is a Private Project, I wouldn't expect SJ to be doing this at all.

Last edited by LokRobster; 05-25-2017 at 09:53 PM. Reason: License expiry
LokRobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bili the axe, errata, horseclans