Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #21
Coinage

Default Re: GURPS Hydra Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
All good, except since you can only have 1 main + 3 construct bodies running around at any given time, you don't need a Mindlink that handles more than 5.
Right, I guess I went a little overboard with that. I’ll change it to:
Mindlink - Telesend: 2-9 (B70-71) [+10] - Sensory (B69) [+20%]
Limitation:
Racial - Duplicates (B70-71) [-20%]

Quote:
If Dependency - Mana is only for dupes, then it only serves to be a very trivial time limit on a dupe. I'd count that as part of a power modifier, since it can be used to disable dupes under certain circumstances.
How about adding a Limitation: Magical (Powers 20) [-5%] to the Duplication. Perhaps that would make the constructs vulnerable to countermeasures to magical abilities.

Quote:
Doesn't Eat and Sleep could be limited to only "Alternate Bodies" for -10%. It's a rather expensive way to give those advantages out, especially if they are going to be temporary constructs that wouldn't necessarily be around long enough to eat or sleep. (After all, you could just deprive them until they starve or pass out and disappear.)
Right, I'll drop the "Doesn't Eat or Sleep" advantages.

Quote:
Duplication is a no-go. You can't wish for more wishes, and Construct means only your "main" body produces duplicates. If that is where you are getting the idea that you'll eventually have more than 4 bodies, it doesn't work like that. You are only getting a total number of bodies equal to what your primary character sheet has for your Duplication level plus 1. Your dupes do not add to your Duplication level ever.
Right, perhaps I should have explained better. The Duplication 3 stat is a reference to the TOTAL amount of dupes the Prime can duplicate AT ALL. Whether it’s through normal duplication, or through the special “Bleed” Trigger, the power only allows a total of dupes equal to the ability’s level. So, Duplication 3 would only allow a total of 3 dupes. I was just trying to replicate the mythical ability of the Raktabīja.

Quote:
Fragile would also apply to your main body - not just your dupes.
Thx for the reminder. I'll drop Fragile

Model I have so far:
POWER:
Duplication 3 (B50) [105, 35/copy]*
Enhancement:
-Construct (Powers 48) [+60%]
Limitation
-Magical (Powers 20) [-5%]
-Shared Resources: Fatigue Only (B51, plus this post) [-20%]

Mindlink - Telesend: 100-999 (B70-71) [+30] - Sensory (B69) [+20%]
Limitation:
-Racial - Duplicates (B70-71) [-20%]

*Duplication level can of course be adjusted depending on the campaign's CP level.

I decided to get rid of the "Blood Trigger" Duplication that was limited to the Duplicates, since I can't find any instance in the rules where you are allowed to give advantages specifically only to the duplicates. If there is, please let me know. Otherwise, any thoughts?

Last edited by Coinage; 11-15-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Coinage is offline   Reply With Quote