Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 11-04-2014, 06:03 AM   #1
lachimba

Default Dracula Dosier Kickstarter

This is now in progress. More expensive than id hoped, but less than im prepared to pay.

Im interested in the book more for ideas than a setting that I actually wish to run.

I doubt very much that ill want to use the gumeshoe system either, and dont own the original book.

Any advice on which option to pick? Just the dossier, +NBAs, all the books?

Ps any other great game companies should keep an eye out that its been funded already and is onto the stretch goals :)
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Default Re: Dracula Dosier Kickstarter

Yeah, I backed. I went for the PDF + physical copies of the dossier, since I already have the core books and the zalozhiny quartet.

Really been looking forward to this. Love the concept, and love Hite.

In your case I would try for the PDFs of everything, unless you really love physical books. The core book has some excellent guidance on structuring dynamic thrillers and conspiracy games that is useful for any system. And the Zalozhiny Quartet is an amazing mini-campaign.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
Agemegos

I already have the Night's Black Agents core rulebook, the expansion Double Tap, and the mini-campaign Zalozhniy Quartet. So for me the choice was between the following pledge levels: Asset (two Dracula Dossier books in PDF for £15), Case Officer (two Dracula Dossier books in PDF and hard copy for £50 (£70 posted to Australia)), and Lamplighter (as Case Officer but with a folder of facsimile documents to use as handouts, £75 or £95 in Australia). Those would also be the choices if you were sure you were going to use the material under some other system than Night's Black Agents.

If you don't already have NBA, but might use it, I suggest the Agent level pledge (£25 for NBA and both Dracula Dossier books, three PDFs for £25) or Analyst level (NBA, Double Tap, Zalozhniy Quartet, and both Dracula Dossier books — five PDFs for £40.)

A Night's Black Agents PDF alone will set you back £16.95, Double Tap £11.95, Zalozhniy Quartet £10.95. So those bundles are good value compared with buying the components separately. Asset and Agent are particularly good value.

Physical books look like an extra £35 plus postage (£20 to Australia) for two volumes, expected next August.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.

Last edited by Agemegos; 11-08-2014 at 03:48 AM.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk View Post
Yeah, I backed. I went for the PDF + physical copies of the dossier, since I already have the core books and the zalozhiny quartet.

Really been looking forward to this. Love the concept, and love Hite.

In your case I would try for the PDFs of everything, unless you really love physical books. The core book has some excellent guidance on structuring dynamic thrillers and conspiracy games that is useful for any system. And the Zalozhiny Quartet is an amazing mini-campaign.
Due to the numerous posts about this on the forums, I backed for the PDFs of everything level; looks like it should be good.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
Due to the numerous posts about this on the forums, I backed for the PDFs of everything level; looks like it should be good.
How do you get the PDFs? like E23, the next best thing to a lifetime guarantee or just a one time access?
Old 11-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
How do you get the PDFs? like E23, the next best thing to a lifetime guarantee or just a one time access?
Not certain; I'm guessing it's going to be an email to a link of some kind. No idea how long it'll be up or if they'll be using some other distribution system *shrug*
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #7
derendel

Quote:
Probably a link through the Pelgrane Press store (if it's like the Hillfolk kickstarter). Probably with a quick 'temporary link' initially to be followed with a permanent one (my temporary one is still good a couple years later).
Old 11-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #8
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
Awesome! I'm not a huge fan of Gumshoe as a system, but the concepts in NBA and the quality of the writing is excellent.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk View Post
Awesome! I'm not a huge fan of Gumshoe as a system, but the concepts in NBA and the quality of the writing is excellent.
Ken Hite has a link on his FB page to sessions of NBAs being run. Its pretty good. Im more sympathetic to the gumshoe system than I thought I would be. I like how the system is predialled into super spies. I could do that with GURPS and im sure mechanically I would prefer it, but its work.

Some of the things I want to make more common in my games are the inventing assets on the fly, the having equipment (gizmo), the flex points for the first few sessions (im thinking even flex disadvantages) etc.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #10
lachimba

Im on the fence about picking up Double Tap and the Quartet or not. Can any tip me towards either option?

Tags
gumshoe, ken hite, kickstarter