Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 03-15-2020, 04:50 AM   #31
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Pocket Box Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman View Post
Overall, I'm starting to develop a love hate relationship with the drive-by producing style of SJG. It's like some sort of insider cult, not a public sales merchant. "Sorry, you aren't following us ever day, so we produced a bunch of games you might want but only in limited quantities and you can't have any."
Have you checked our new releases page? The Illuminati box is now shipping to distributors; the classic box ships next month.

http://www.sjgames.com/newproducts/

As to what is/is not widely distributed: The world has changed dramatically. Where we were once confident that 99% of what we produce could be sold through distribution, we can no longer take those chances.

Far, far too many items are treated as one-shots by the broader market, given about a month to sell and then trashed. For that reason, we are creating more items that:

* Have a single, small print run.
* Are not offered through traditional distribution.
* May not be reprinted.

We hate this.

Let me try that again.

WE HATE THIS.

But this is the world we live in, and we either adapt or we die when we are left with unsold inventory that crushes our ability to create new things.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #32
HeatDeath

Default Re: Pocket Box Games

Texas taxing unsold inventory sure doesn't help.

I'm having a hard time understanding what kind of corporate behavior they're trying to incentivize there.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote