Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 01-15-2021, 03:57 PM   #11
Chris Rice

Default Re: How much stronger do you get for that which you kill?

I give an attribute point now and again when I feel like it, there’s no set advancement schedule. If we start with 32 point characters, they’ll always get a point after the first adventure and probably the same for the next few. After that it slows down.
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:47 AM   #12
Droll

Default Re: How much stronger do you get for that which you kill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
How do you calculate for special features like only harmed by magic weapons or only by thrown spells?
Yes, as you note, that's still lacking. In the same way that the formula joins the figure's MA with its hit probability to indicate the figurative reach or busyness of its attacking capability, and its spell ability with its IQ to modify its damage dealing potential, such features ought to adjust the figure's armored HA, and in those cases also appertain in a spell caster intermediate variable of 3 or even less.
Although composing a spectrum of figure gradients is instructional (still be a job for me to enumerate those undead types in my http://www.playhob.com/Tfts/bonX0Fi.txt listing) such particular variances aren't so critical in the extracurricular award scheme I propose. In that it's the encounter that figures, and pretty much the reverse of garnering static values, or of the notion that badder is better at gaining EP for kills.
Droll is offline   Reply With Quote