Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 09-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #1
malloyd

Default Missing Lines

This is a weird new glitch I'm getting on the forum. Various dividing lines are failing to show up, for example on the main display for any sub forum the horizontal line between the 3d and 4th post has gone away, they share a yellow box. On post view pages it's the vertical line between the 3d and 4th page number in the set that's in sequence. On a Topic Review page it's the underline of the title of the 5th post. It persists when I rescale the window, so I assume it's not a pixilation problem. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 09-04-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
Buzzardo

Default Re: Missing Lines

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?
Yes, but it didn't help. I'm pretty sure it's on my end since I don't see it on any other machine, but I can't even guess where, or why it only seems to affect this one site. Did somebody spill fnords on the server?
Old 09-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #4
Steven Marsh

I don't have any special insight into the forums, but I can offer some troubleshooting techniques I've used over the years.

• Try a different browser on the same computer, if possible (especially going to something like Firefox or Chrome if you normally use Bing.) If the problem persists, it's some kind of universal issue ("universal" for your computer or setup . . . for example, it could be an example of your ISP doing something odd).

• If the problem seems constrained to a single browser, then the issue may be your extensions (for example, an ad-blocker doing something odd). On Chrome, I'd recommend opening an Incognito Window (File —> New Incognito Window) — which often disables most extensions — and reloading the page.

• If the problem goes away when loading in Incognito Mode, then the issue is probably with one of the extensions. Try disabling them one by one (or in batches), reload, and see if the issue goes away.

• If the problem persists across browsers, it's also possible you have some kind of "universal" software on your computer that's causing problems, like a firewall or malware. (For example, you could have malware that's trying to inject a banner to its own site, but an ad blocker on the browser that's then deleting it . . . resulting in the odd line.)

Fingers crossed one of these might yield some better results!
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:52 AM   #5
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
Yes, but it didn't help. I'm pretty sure it's on my end since I don't see it on any other machine, but I can't even guess where, or why it only seems to affect this one site. Did somebody spill fnords on the server?
I have seen this happen with the page zoomed out or displayed smaller. Ctrl-Zero will reset the view to normal size, Ctrl-Plus to enlarge, Ctrl-Minus to shrink.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote