Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Zaaland

Default Restraining Order against Lucky Talisman

I was playing a game where I drew Curse Everything is Relative and one of my opponents played Lucky Talisman to make me loose a level instead of him . I tried to play Restraining Order but he said he was playing it against the curse and not me. I say if he directs it at me then it should be considered against me and Restraining Order should work. I lost the table ruling 3-1 but it makes so much more sense my way. Also would be curious if it would be different if it was a curse I played against him like Curse Duck of Doom and he used a Wishing Ring.
Zaaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
tremorlaine

Default Re: Restraining Order against Lucky Talisman

Restraining Order only retroactively cancels Monster Enhancers. In your scenario when you played Restraining Order you stop him from playing any more cards against you for the rest of the turn. The Curse's effect had already taken place. Depending on the type of cards played, your opponent might also have Lucky Talisman returned to his hand to be used at a later time.

Future site of Griffon Gaming
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Clipper

Default Re: Restraining Order against Lucky Talisman

There are other cards that Restraining Order can affect, such as one-shot Items that stick around on the table. I don't believe Lucky Talisman would count in this case, as you can't play Restraining Order as a reaction to the play of the Talisman, you could only play it afterwards, and by then Lucky Talisman has already been discarded, so it would not return to his hand and would not reverse any of its effects.

If you had played Restraining Order before the Talisman came out, then I'd say he might have to choose the player on his other side, though (who would lose two levels now. Choosing you as the target would be playing it against you, I think.

As for Curse: Duck of Doom vs. Wishing Ring, you can play Wishing Ring to cancel the curse before it has any effect. I'm not sure what else you were asking about here...

Tags
restraining order