Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-25-2020, 05:14 PM   #41
Say, it isn't that bad!

Default Re: Rebalancing Magery

...This forum updates too fast. I'll try to keep up with updates, but...

That is all. :)

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=169674

If you don't know why I said something, please ask. Assumptions are the death of courtesy.

Disappointed in the behaviour I have too-often encountered here.
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:04 AM   #42
seycyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
You can only do this at Skill-15 if you restrict your Fire to a single hex worth's and your Armor Spell to DR1 and you still blew 4 FP on first casting for the Create+Shape Fire and 2 Armors.
Well, yeah.

"Blowing" those FP before breakfast, when you have the rest of your party gathered around you in force, while you rest, is most often preferable to not having those spells already up when you need them.

Do arrows coming out of the wilderness, ambushes, and other unexpected surprise call ahead to make reservations with your group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
My mages aren't down any FP when the battle starts and aren't taking any penalties for Spells on. They might cast the right spells too and not just the ones they decided they'd need no matter what before hand.
My mages aren't down any FP when the battle starts either, that's the point of maintaining them beforehand.

The spell penalties are dealt with via higher skill levels, which is what started my foray into this thread as this means my mages have spell levels that run the gambit.
seycyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #43
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post

Do arrows coming out of the wilderness, ambushes, and other unexpected surprise call ahead to make reservations with your group?
No, they were almost always spotted by our Rogue's high Per score. If they weren't they set off her Danger Sense.