Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #1
watzl

Default Fantasy Grounds Unity GURPS?

Fantasy Grounds has just released their Kickstarter, and have thus far funded more than 200% if their goal in the first day. I was wondering if SJG would consider porting some official GURPS assets to their platform. I know you do not endorse online play officially. However I see this as a wonderful opportunity for you to get some people's attention to the system, and show the world that GURPS is alive and kicking. My preferred method of play nowadays is online, for various reasons, namely time and distance from friends. I believe this holds true to a great percentage of the player base. If you have ever considered going online, why not join the wagon now? Let's do this! If SJG officially endorses this platform, or any of their choosing for that matter, I believe we could get a lot more people to play GURPS. Thanks.
Vinicius Watzl
watzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:30 PM   #2
Dalin

Default Re: Fantasy Grounds Unity GURPS?

I know that these marketing decisions are complicated, but I, too, was sad not to see GURPS or DFRPG as options in the Add-Ons section. I was pleased to note that they explicitly mention hex maps and facing rules close to the top, options that were conspicuously absent from Astral TableTop's recent revamp.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #3
Gigermann

I can, at least, say that unofficial GURPS support will continue for FGU, without doubt.
Gigermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #4
seycyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
I can, at least, say that unofficial GURPS support will continue for FGU, without doubt.
The Gurps ruleset in FGC is a great asset that supports the Gurps userbase. It will undoubtedly continue to do so in the unity version of Fantasy Grounds.

I'll take this opportunity to once again thank Ronnke for his ongoing efforts.
seycyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 05:10 PM   #5
Boge

I don't play online and likely never will, but having those digital assets would be awesome.
Boge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #6
seycyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
I don't play online and likely never will, but having those digital assets would be awesome.
There's a segment of people who use FG for their person to person gaming.
seycyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote play, virtual tabletop