Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-24-2019, 07:20 AM   #71
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

We're in the last 14 hours of The Citadel at Nordvorn's Kickstarter campaign, and we're less than $1400 from the big offset print run stretch goal. Jump on!

Last 14 hours! Offset print run only $1,347 away . . . and counting
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #72
Refplace

Less than $900 now, good luck!
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #73
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Less than $900 now, good luck!
Thank you. Thanks to SJG being really good about reminding folks that Nordvorn is active, I suspect what we'll be waiting for here is the roughly 350 people who are following but not yet backed to end their day by deciding whether to pledge or not. If we equal the conversion rate of Hall of Judgment, we'll pick up another 50 folks or so, which (playing the averages) is more than enough to hit the offset run. If we get a flood, we could go as high as $36,000 or so . . . but that's not likely, I'll admit.

Still: here's hopin'.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #74
Refplace

Some outfit called MonsterFunders liked but did not retweet my tweet on this campaign last night. You might check them out.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:03 PM   #75
DouglasCole

Son of a gun. We did it!

So offset print it is. And with all of the Viking Raider pledges, I think I might need another batch of Hall of Judgment as well!

I'm going to publish the update below to a bunch of RPG sites. If folks want to come by (or post on your own!) and do a bit of a victory dance, I would not object a tiny bit.

Thanks for everyone who's jumped in so vigorously. Even beyond that, this is nearly 50% more funding than Hall of Judgment, and that only had 525 backers. Let's go rile up some folk!

The Kickstarter for the Powered-by-GURPS licensed adventure, The Citadel at Noršvorn, is in its final three hours. We just passed the stretch goal that includes an offset print run, which will see the book with a sewn, lay-flat binding and printed on 100-105# matte paper.

In the icy north of the realm, the dwarf-hewn fortress of Noršvörn anchors the defenses that ward against the predation of dragonkin and faerie alike. Three generations of relative quiet in the region have lulled the northerners and their defenders into a sense of stable peace.

That is about to change. Noršvorn needs your help.

The Citadel at Noršvorn is a licensed setting for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG. It consists of three major settlements, many small villages, at least one ruin, and two primary sources of conflict: The Hunted Lands to the northwest of The Palisade, and the Endalaus Forest, to the north and east of Audreyn’s Wall. Plus the lure of the endless wealth and magical treasure still lost in the Dragongrounds.

Within the book, find:
  • Detailed descriptions of Noršvorn and two important towns. Important locations and personalities. Culture and festivals. Places to live and shop.
  • Motivations and goals for key factions: the Wardens of Noršvorn, Faerie, Dragonkin, and foul fiends from Muspelheim and their human servitors.
  • The ruins of Elskadr, whose destruction woke threats from the dragonkin, and mystical forces long dormant.
  • Key NPCs and supporting cast, a bestiary, and an “instant village generator” for travel between towns.
This setting is easily portable to any game world needing a “wild Northmen” feel.

So go visit Noršvorn: Chaos is waiting for you.

The Citadel at Nordvorn funded over a week ago, and just passed it's major stretch goal to deliver the offset print run! Back it now and push it farther! If you missed the prior work, Hall of Judgment, there's a "Viking Raider" level starting at $65 that also includes that book. There's also "Fantastic Dungeon Grappling" and other goodness on there.

Check it out!
Old 03-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #76
DouglasCole

OK, we funded! 200% funding and 600 backers, and the book will have an offset print run with sewn binding.

So . . . What's Next?
Old 03-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #77
b-dog

Are there going to be any dark elves? Like dokkalfar? Any giants or jotun? Trolls and dwarves?
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:09 PM   #78
Pmandrekar
Careful Wisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
Are there going to be any dark elves? Like dokkalfar? Any giants or jotun? Trolls and dwarves?
I've decided that I'm going to try to turn our summer RPG campaign (where several players drop out, and my kids can join in-- not having school and all) in this world in GURPS. I am looking forward to any additions to the races that we can get!

-P
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts"- Daniel P. Moynihan
Pmandrekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:14 PM   #79
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
The alfar that are NPCs/adversaries in the world are essentially dark/winter elves. The elves and half-elves that are playable are the mortal magical spawn of such beings, thousands of years later. Giants/Jotunn are not playable, they do exist, but don't (yet) feature in any adventures currently being written. That's not "never," just "not yet." Trolls aplenty, with the thurs already present in Hall of Judgment, and the stothtroll and grendelkin being two more that show up in the Dragon Heresy core material; thurs are effectively ogres in terms of being faerie origin but hardly any cool power stuff. Dwarves are, of course, already a playable race, and while never stated, my dwarves are not short bearded scotsmen (see the thread in RPG general). They are hairless and their skin has a pebbled (see what I did there) texture that is patterned like a granite countertop, and can be of nearly any color. So they are very literally children of the earth, brought forth by the gods to tend the world beneath, whereas humans tend the world above.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:05 PM   #80
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
The alfar that are NPCs/adversaries in the world are essentially dark/winter elves. The elves and half-elves that are playable are the mortal magical spawn of such beings, thousands of years later. Giants/Jotunn are not playable, they do exist, but don't (yet) feature in any adventures currently being written. That's not "never," just "not yet." Trolls aplenty, with the thurs already present in Hall of Judgment, and the stothtroll and grendelkin being two more that show up in the Dragon Heresy core material; thurs are effectively ogres in terms of being faerie origin but hardly any cool power stuff. Dwarves are, of course, already a playable race, and while never stated, my dwarves are not short bearded scotsmen (see the thread in RPG general). They are hairless and their skin has a pebbled (see what I did there) texture that is patterned like a granite countertop, and can be of nearly any color. So they are very literally children of the earth, brought forth by the gods to tend the world beneath, whereas humans tend the world above.
In my adventures the elves that can be played must be mortal. At first i had so that the that were playable had to be mixed with a human which made sense for elves but for fairy like gnomes or halflings it seemed sort of silly. So I changed my concept and then made it so that if the fairy is born in the fairy realm then it is immortal and has full power but if the fairy is born in the prime material plane then the fairy is mortal because mortality is the law of the prime material plane. So the fairy born in the mortal realm must eat, drink, breath and will eventually die. On the plus side mortal fairy are not dependent on glamour ( or in your setting mana).

Last edited by b-dog; 03-27-2019 at 03:30 PM.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote