Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-06-2019, 07:31 AM   #51
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

Wow! Nordvorn is #6 Overall on Kicktraq Today

I stopped by Kicktraq to see where The Citadel at Noršvorn was "buried" in the deluge of projects. HOLY CRAP! We're #6. Overall. Not "in Games." Not "Tabletop Games."Overall. And we've moved up 128 spots recently, thanks to y'all.

Crushing it. Such wild hope, but there it is . . .

It's been an amazing three days. Just incredible. Right now, we've got 318 actual backers, and another 264 (!!) "latent" backers who are following but not yet pledged.

That gives at least 582 folks who are interested, which could translate into as much as $20,120 . . . which puts us over the 128-page stretch goal! Only $2008 to go to fund, with 18 days left in the campaign.

Such an exciting time. This is on path to be my best Kickstarter ever . . . and of course it's the GURPS/Dungeon Fantasy RPG crowd. You guys stand and deliver when it comes to these projects, and I truly appreciate it!

Time to Share!

So let's borrow a page from The Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Boxed Set reprint Kickstarter.
  • Jump over to this thread on rpg.net, and let folks know about Citadel (the new set discussion starts on p. 88). Tell them about Hall of Judgment, if you have it or have played it, or point them to reviews if you haven't.
  • Share this Facebook post or this tweet. The more folks see it, the more attention, and the more backers we can get. This has knock-on effects! More than one site, like Kicktraq, uses the number of comments and the general buzz about a project to decide how to feature it.
  • Do the same thing for Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and the Boxed Set. I can't stress this enough: without the Boxed Set and continued interest and support from both backers and Steve Jackson Games, there's no product line for me to support. Share play stories. Talk to your local game stores this weekend. Both the Boxed Set and Nordvorn have retail levels where you can get more than one copy of the game at a significant discount.

Let's keep this going!
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:57 AM   #52
Ulairi

You're already above $11,000. I don't think it's impossible it funds by the end of the weekend. I think the DFRPG reprint and Mosnters 2 KS has helped yours out, obviously, which is great news for the product line.
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #53
JMason

I missed out on Hall of Judgement, so threw in for the Raider level. All this DFRPG goodness coming down is getting me excited about gaming again (I've been in a "funk" for over a year now).

I look forward to when this ships!
Old 03-09-2019, 11:56 PM   #54
DouglasCole

The Citadel at Nordvorn is at 89% funding, adding a fully-worked mini-setting to the Dungeon Fantasy RPG. In this update, I'm looking at art spaces and flow. I've also received permission to share a crude WIP of the cover art. Check it out, and help provide even more support to this fantastic game. If you missed Hall of Judgment, there's a level just for you!

The Citadel at Nordvorn: Layout and Cover WIP

Support both! We're quite close to a number of print books that would see this sort of support right alongside the awesome boxed set on store shelves!
Old 03-10-2019, 05:58 AM   #55
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
The Citadel at Nordvorn is at 89% funding . . .
Congrats! You should hit your goal well before the bell rings.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:17 PM   #56
DouglasCole

Only $506 to go on the Citadel at Noršvorn before we hit the primary funding goal . . . and with two weeks left in the campaign!

There's enough "latent" backers, as well, that if they all came in at the average funding level, we'd hit about $23,000!

This is not one of those "low funding level so we fund, then rack it up in stretch goals" campaign. The basic funding level will see the book made, and made well. The stretch goals add more and more content, including the Random Village Generator, and all sorts of details that I want in the book.

Check it out, pledge if you can! Only 8 new "Viking Raider" pledges - where you get Hall of Judgment plus the new book in print and PDF - and we fund!

(the link to the campaign is in my signature file)
Old 03-11-2019, 03:21 PM   #57
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
You're already above $11,000. I don't think it's impossible it funds by the end of the weekend. I think the DFRPG reprint and Mosnters 2 KS has helped yours out, obviously, which is great news for the product line.
I let this pass without comment somehow, but: Yes, and ridiculously so. The cross-over is such that I'm convinced that once Nordvorn funds, a call to the other two Kickstarters' backers (DFM2 and the older DFRPG list) would do rather a lot to help with stretch goals.

From "behind the curtain," I have 355 backers (already my second-best Kickstarter, behind Hall of Judgment) pledged . . . and another 313 following the campaign.

That's enough "latent" interest to push us within striking distance of the big offset print run stretch goal, and that ain't nothing.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #58
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I let this pass without comment somehow, but: Yes, and ridiculously so. The cross-over is such that I'm convinced that once Nordvorn funds, a call to the other two Kickstarters' backers (DFM2 and the older DFRPG list) would do rather a lot to help with stretch goals.
I was so glad to see this. I expressed some concern that having both kickstarters at the same time might dilute the pool (especially for people with limited funds), but I'm thrilled to be wrong.

Can't wait to cross the finish line on this one and then, hopefully, nail down some stretch goals!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #59
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I was so glad to see this. I expressed some concern that having both kickstarters at the same time might dilute the pool (especially for people with limited funds), but I'm thrilled to be wrong.

Can't wait to cross the finish line on this one and then, hopefully, nail down some stretch goals!
I can't post a screen shot here, but if you pop over onto my discord or ping me on the GURPS North America Facebook group, I can post a "dashboard" picture of the funding progress. You can see where three things happened at once:

1) I reminded my mailing list, which is just shy of 1,000 folks, that the kickstarter was going and doing well, and

2) Phil mentioned Nordvorn on the Daily Illuminator, and

3) The DFM2/Boxed Set KS launched

I have rarely if ever seen such a ridiculous bending of the funding curve. It's kinda fun to look at, especially since you can see how it settled back into its old pattern.

Though things are certainly picking up today!
Old 03-11-2019, 06:00 PM   #60
adm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post

I second this statement. Kudos.