Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #131
nik1979

Default Re: Fixing Demographics for GURPS BANESTORM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Most. Useless. Necro. Ever.
I would amicably disagree. especially since the talk of CCoI follow up series will make this a strong possibility.

edit: what is the possibility of a CCoI follow up book GURPS Lowtech 4E: Banestorm Demographics!

Demographics that will give you fairly stable setting with internal consistencies to keep the status quo for centuries and tools to change it.

What comes to mind is Song of Ice and Fire's years to decades long winters that has the effect of a TL regression. I would recommend something like the winter- it could be a powerful cyclical pestilence, drought or famine.
MIB#2428

Last edited by nik1979; 06-15-2009 at 10:34 AM.
nik1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #132
Max Schreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979 View Post
I would amicably disagree. especially since the talk of CCoI follow up series will make this a strong possibility.
I am not Gold & Appel Inc., so I can only guess to the meaning of his comment, but I don't think it was a reflection on the thread in itself, but rather that the thread was resurrected for no other reason than to write: "yes, please" to a post that was written three years ago. If one has to resurrect a thread, it would be nice if it were to contribute something new and substantial to the discussion, not just because you've just stumbled over the thread and want to chime in with a "me too" or in this case: "yes, please" (with three exclamation points, no less).

As it is, I also found reviving this thread only to say: "yes, please" pretty pointless. Same goes for the thread [Banestorm] Female Adventurers. The thread had not had any responses for two-and-a-half years, and then the same poster replies to it. Isn't it possible that the OP has had the answers he was looking for or in the opposite event stopped caring after over two years? Even worse, the resurrecting poster had even contributed to the thread, back when it was fresh. Did it really take him three years to think of a relevant (or as the case may be, not so relevant) reply?

Of course, I may be wrong, and Gold & Appel Inc. did indeed think of something else with his remark, but then he can speak for himself. I just wanted to point out that I was also mildly annoyed with this meaningless thread bumping.

Cheers,

Max
Old 06-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #133
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Schreck View Post
I am not Gold & Appel Inc., so I can only guess to the meaning of his comment, but I don't think it was a reflection on the thread in itself, but rather that the thread was resurrected for no other reason than to write: "yes, please" to a post that was written three years ago. If one has to resurrect a thread, it would be nice if it were to contribute something new and substantial to the discussion, not just because you've just stumbled over the thread and want to chime in with a "me too" or in this case: "yes, please" (with three exclamation points, no less).
Those were my precise thoughts on it, yes. Sorry for being unclear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979
What comes to mind is Song of Ice and Fire's years to decades long winters that has the effect of a TL regression. I would recommend something like the winter- it could be a powerful cyclical pestilence, drought or famine.
There is TL regression during the winters in Westeros? Isn't one of the primary jobs of the Maesters to preserve knowledge and communication through those?
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #134
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979 View Post
what is the possibility of a CCoI follow up book GURPS Lowtech 4E: Banestorm Demographics!
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess close to none. Low Tech is about real technologies. Banestorm is a specific fantasy setting. You'd have to have one or the other (LT:D or B:D, but not LT:BD).

Having said that, you'd have to find an author and convince SJ Games to publish the book. I venture no guesses as to who's qualified (for the former) and whether or not they'd go for it (for the latter), save to imagine that the one is highly dependent on the other.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm, world development