Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #23
Gef

Default Re: Zhentish Rapier Fencing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinX View Post
The Signature Perk is another house rule that I'm still on the fence about ... I like Weapon Adaptation better than the original Two as One perk I was using (for this style as well as for Hand-and-a-Half), and so that's basically what Two in One is now -- renamed Weapon Adaptation -- but it seems arbitrarily closer to RAW to treat it as a Style Perk, and to require at least one point in each skill that's being folded together.
Weapon Adaptation, under rules as written, doesn't require two skills, but it does require a style perk, which means 2000 hours of training. Does a Zhentish fencer start with one weapon and begiin learning the second only when quite proficient, or does he start out learning with a wooden weapon in head hand? Only in the latter case would a Signature Perk be necessary. No, it's not RAW, but I got the idea from the editor:

http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=10

BTW, the thread also has some styles nominated for Forgotten Realms by Icelander.

GEF
Gef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy, forgotten realms, martial arts