Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #581
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Member House Rules

I don't usually weigh in on house rules, but in this case, I'm making an exception.

It would be a HUGE imposition to ask every single person who signs the poster to come up with a unique rule for their signature. That's not why they come to conventions, and some of them don't even play Munchkin. I'm going to ask you to come up with your own rules AFTER you get the signatures (because approving a rule isn't in their job descriptions, either).

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:42 AM   #582
Trsevener

Fair enough Andrew. Thank you for the advice.

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #583
Jugglereli

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrye101 View Post
I'm curios if anybody uses any house rules and why.
I play that if you die, you also go down to level 1 because I think that dieing isn't bad enough. for instance, it isn't uncommon at my table to actually want to die so they can get a new hand of potential items.
Jugglereli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #584
beatytc

I've struggled with dying as well. On the one hand in the mid-to-late game where you may have multiple high powered items dying is serious business, particularly since your opponents get to Loot your Body - this both hurts you and helps your opponents, a serious set back!

On the other hand I find that most people are more scared of monsters like King Tut or the Wight brothers which cause you to lose level(s) rather than the Plutonium Dragon which just kills you (IIRC). Going back to level 1 might be a bit overkill, but losing a level or two at death might be a reasonable compromise and is consistent with penalties from lots of RPGs.
beatytc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #585
Clipper

Going down to Level 1 in addition to Death is perhaps a little too harsh, though, and it makes cards like Curse! Dying Curse way too powerful. Perhaps consider reducing the number of cards you draw on your first turn after Death instead (to the old starting hand of two Doors and two Treasures, perhaps) or maybe just make the dying player need to lower his Level to the lowest at the table.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #586
Jugglereli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
Going down to Level 1 in addition to Death is perhaps a little too harsh, though, and it makes cards like Curse! Dying Curse way too powerful. Perhaps consider reducing the number of cards you draw on your first turn after Death instead (to the old starting hand of two Doors and two Treasures, perhaps) or maybe just make the dying player need to lower his Level to the lowest at the table.
I really like your idea of going down to the lowest level player of the game, I think I'll change to that, if not permanently, at least to try it out.
Jugglereli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #587
ArtimusMunchkin

Default Team Munchkin

Some days we have a lot of people wanting to play munchkin, so we decided to create Team Munchkin, but we're having trouble creating rules and guidelines. We could use some advice and suggestions if you have any. This is what we have so far.

-No more than 2 people per team.
-One player is player A and the other is player B
-Each player gets his or her own hand starting with 4 Doors and 4 Treasures
-Each team counts as one Munchkin with one head, two hands, one body, and a pair of feet.
-The first round is played by each player A. Once each player A has had their turn the next round is played by each player B.

Everything else is regular munchkin rules. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve this, please let me know.
ArtimusMunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #588
whitecloud197

Default Zombie Survival ?

Does anyone have a way of doing a good Zombie Survival Munchkin Game ?

I was thinking like Regular Munchkin, But take all the zombie Monsters out of Munchkin Zombies say level 10-20 and put them in game or something.

Just curious if anyone had any good creations ?

Or buy 2 munchkin zombies and use only the 10-20 zombie monsters ?
whitecloud197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #589
PK

Default Re: Zombie Survival ?

Just off the top of my head, I'd use Munchkin Apocalypse as the base, personally. I'd ignore the Seals -- maybe treating curses and bad stuff that say "open a seal" as "discard either one item or any two cards" to avoid unbalancing the monsters, and then import in all of the Zombie monsters and get rid of any Apocalypse monsters that feel too mismatched with a zombie theme (angels, etc.).

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #590
Enzzo

Sounds like fun. I've been trying to think of a good way to blend Zombies with Apocalypse, and that sounds like it could work.
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice