Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #441
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Member House Rules

Guys, I've been staying well away from this thread because I don't want to taint my own development thoughts with yours, but I stumbled over the last post and I have to comment.

It is absolutely NOT kosher to format rules documents or new card ideas using our trade dress. (Especially if you use our trademarks without marking them.) We don't mind if you create your own rules and cards and post them to your site, but they can't look like the official Munchkin documents and they cannot infringe our trademarks and copyrights.

For more information about what is and is not permissible, read our Online Policy.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #442
Bampop

I've only been playing for a week, but we already have all the stuff in my signature. In an effort to up the chances of certain cards coming up, everyone gets their own door pile. We all discard to one though. If someone encounters the Sparkling Good Fairy and loses, everyone gives 10 cards from their door pile (only 9 from the person who fought her.) Those cards are shuffled with the SGF and re-dealt evenly to go back on top of the door piles. That way she ends up in the top 10 cards of somebody's pile.

So far we've had just one treasure pile because when one player helps another, I like seeing the helper get a treasure that the main Munchkin may have wanted (and could have had if they hadn't bribed someone.)
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com

Last edited by Bampop; 02-19-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Sparkly Good Fairy made me do it
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #443
SmokeRulz

Shame this topic is kinda dead. I enjoy reading these crazy little house rules everyone comes up with! I have a minor one to add:

For any Fairy Dust card that involves a die roll, it is required to use a Fairy Dust Dice to make that roll. If someone is currently using Fairy Berries, then can give one up temporarily for you.

(Yeah, it's just a minor thing, but hey, it'll get more play out of those little sparkly things than 3 specific FD cards)

As an aside, I often wish we could share custom cards here, haha. I have an idea or two for Race/Class enhancers that I wanna run by people to see if they sound playable.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #444
TheBiff

I love the Munchkinomicon however adding it to the game can make for a long game that is very focused on just the one card (Munchkinomicon it self). So since I play with card sleeves I mix the spells and fairy dust cards together. If you draw the MCON and play it you do not get any of the special powers just the +5 bonus. Also people cant lure it away outside of Summon the Book card. So this way we can still play with the cards however it does add an extra hour or two.
TheBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #445
Clipper

I haven't had a chance to use the Munchkinomicon yet in a game, but when I do, I plan to use a house rule that you can only get a maximum of one spell card per turn (any turn, not just your own). This should limit the amount of end-game movement of the book while everyone tries to find a spell to stop someone from winning, right?

So you can lure the book as many times as you like, but you'll only get a spell the first time (unless you had the book at the start of your turn).

Last edited by Clipper; 04-13-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #446
kiltedfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRadGasm View Post
Here's a copy of the (beta-version) house rules we're rolling with. <snipped for brevity>
Wow, I really like some of these! I'll definitely be running a few of them by my little table of gamers. Well done you.
Cthulu
Super, 2
Unnat Axe T
M d10s, Wkd d10, DBag
Illegal D6s of Prot
10 an. Shot
08, 09, 10, 11, 12 SPs, 10 Xmas, Blu SP
+3 Black Belt!
kiltedfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #447
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltedfox View Post
Wow, I really like some of these! I'll definitely be running a few of them by my little table of gamers. Well done you.
The undead rule listed there is an official rule, and has been one since before those house rules were listed.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #448
elitefroggy

I've never played any Munchkins yet, thinking about buying it, but by reading the rules I think it would be fun if in combat, you roll 2d6, one red and one blue, the red one adds to the monsters level, and the blue adds to your level (for the purposes of combat only) just to add an element of randomness to the combat.
elitefroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #449
Bampop

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitefroggy View Post
I've never played any Munchkins yet, thinking about buying it, but by reading the rules I think it would be fun if in combat, you roll 2d6, one red and one blue, the red one adds to the monsters level, and the blue adds to your level (for the purposes of combat only) just to add an element of randomness to the combat.
That is actually one aspect of Munchkin Quest (the board game version of the Munchkin franchise.)
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #450
SmokeRulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitefroggy View Post
That's in Munchkin Quest! You could easily house-rule it into regular Munchkin. The Jumbo d6 would be perfect for it too, since jumbo d6 sets come with one Munchkin die and one Monster die.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice