Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Miniatures

Old 12-11-2022, 09:07 AM   #11
adm

Default Re: New Printer; who dis?

The Mars 2 Pro is steal right now, and I went ahead and ordered one, you look like you are having a lot of fun.
Old 12-11-2022, 01:31 PM   #12
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm View Post
The Mars 2 Pro is steal right now, and I went ahead and ordered one, you look like you are having a lot of fun.
Good for you. And you know "simple minds, simple pleasures."

This set of figures is a little complex.

The Elite Dangerous ships on the left are all the same scale 1:1000. Yeah, the Krait Mk.II is a chonky thing.

The ED ships on the right, well, Bobb wanted a Keelback at Car Wars size. So, I printed it and an Imperial Clipper as well, so we could mount them and use them to play Car Wars (because why not?).

The figures in the center (the car and two micro figures) are from Papsikels Miniatures. They're the Street Challenger V1, Secret Agent Android Rinowa Rider and Space Crew Pampam Flores. All were printed at 60% scale to be Car Wars scale.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 01:15 PM   #13
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Bobb decided that the paperweight of the Keelback was a bit too much, so we made it smaller (60mm long instead of 70mm) hollowed it out and put some holes on the bottom so it mounts, neatly, on a Car Wars base. Bobb then went and added holes to an Alliance Chieftain, though the build of the ship (and Bobb's OCD) required that he align the mounting pegs as aesthetically as he could.

I also printed a Python at 70mm length, then realized that the 1:1000 scale Python, being 88m long, wouldn't be that much larger.

Ships for . . . STAR Wars. Ehem.
Old 12-14-2022, 03:05 PM   #14
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Well, having the printer for 10 days, today (after a mis-print), I finished off my first kilo (1,000 ml) of resin. Yeah, I printed a lot, but, I wanted to get things figured out. Might slow down, might not. Opened my 2nd liter of Resin to print that parts of the figure that failed.

10/10.

Will order more resin.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:15 PM   #15
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

A conversation I just had with my sister:
Me: "While I would have believed in 3d printing back in the '70s and '80s, if you would have told me the medium I'd use to make models, I wouldn't have believed you. If you would have told me that I would pour in a goo and would pull out a miniature, I would have said it sounded like a 'grey goo' scenario. Yet, the goo I'm using . . . is grey."

Been sick--been busy--been freezing! Resin printer no like the cold.
Old 01-06-2023, 02:17 PM   #16
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Well, I'm going to recommend against the Wham-Bam flexible build plate. I really like the idea, but the removable plate loses it's texture ridiculously fast. Meaning you should, basically, sand it after every print.

Others may have a better experience with it, but mine has been fairly bad. I've ordered a new build plate for my M3 so I can switch back to just the laser-etched surface. Sure, that got scraped up really bad but, that just adds texture. It's like the Wham-Bam resists that.