Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #61
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: "...and the road becomes my Bride." [ATE]: Recruitment Thread

Lee "the Eel", Looter-for-Hire 250 point character (Experienced Mutated Scavenger) Updated build.

Lee is a mutant, and proud of it. He grew up on the coast, and made the most of his abilities looting cities that had been swallowed up by the sea-level rise, using his abilities to access areas others can't. Although avaricious, he has a soft spot for other mutants. Recently, he was ambushed by a gang of mutant haters when returning from an excursion. Although he was injured, he managed to kill their leader and escape. The remaining gang members have sworn revenge, so Lee has migrated inland to try to escape them.

Lee is 6'2", 170 lbs., with a lean and muscular build.

Attributes: ST 13 [30]; DX 13 [60]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Damage 1d/2d-1; BL 51 lbs.; HP 13 [0]; Will 12 [0]; Per 15 [15]; FP 12 [0]; RP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6 [-5]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Clinging Move 3 [0]; Water Move 6 [0].
Advantages: Boosted Hemoglobin [8]; Breath Holding 1 [2]; Damage Resistance 1 (Tough Skin) [5]; Electrolocation [9]*; Fins 1 [8]; Fish Eyes [1]*; Flesh Pocket [4]; Lifting ST 3 [9]; Prickly [3]; Resistance to Disease (+3) [3]; Suction Pads [16]; Temperature Tolerance (Cold) 2 [2].
Disadvantages: Curious (12) [-5]; Enemies (Medium Group, Hunter; 6) [-10]; Greed (12) [-15]; Sense of Duty (Friends) [-5]; Skinny [-5]. Freakishness 13. Freaky Oddities (Webbed fingers and toes, bumpy skin).
Quirks: Careful [-1]; Code of Honour (Stays Bought) [-1]; Literal-Minded [-1]; Secretive [-1]; Soft Spot (Mutants) [-1].
Primary Skills: Architecture (A) IQ-1 [1]-11; Forced Entry (E) DX+1 [2]-14; Lockpicking (A) IQ+2 [8]-14; Scrounging (E) Per+2 [4]-17; Search (A) Per+1 [4]-16; Stealth (A) DX+1 [4]-14; Streetwise (A) IQ [2]-12; Traps (A) IQ+2 [8]-14; Urban Survival (A) Per [2]-15.
Secondary Skills: Anthropology (H) IQ [4]-12; Area Knowledge (local) (E) IQ+1 [2]-13; Current Affairs (Regional) (E) IQ+1 [2]-13; Guns (Pistol) (E) DX+1 [2]-14; Merchant (A) IQ [2]-12; One-Handed Unbalanced (A) DX [2]-13; Survival (Woodlands) (A) Per [2]-15; Wrestling (A) DX [2]-13.
Background Skills: Breath Control (H) HT-1 [2]-11; Expert Skill (Mutants) (H) IQ-2 [1]-10; Explosives (EOD) (A) IQ-1 [1]-11; Fast-Talk (A) IQ-1 [1]-11; First Aid (E) IQ [1]-12; Gesture (E) IQ [1]-12; Hazardous Materials (Biological) (A) IQ-1 [1]-11; Holdout (A) IQ-1 [1]-11; Knife (E) DX [1]-13; Observation (A) Per-1 [1]-14; Smuggling (A) IQ-1 [1]-11.

*: Non-standard mutations. Electrolocation (Scanning Sense (Field Sense), Increased Range (x2), +10% [11], Freakishness 2) [9]; Fish Eyes (Nictitating Membrance 2, Freakishness 1) [1].
Old 05-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #62
EskrimadorNC

Here is a quote from an old timer that gives a bit of background for where you guys will be starting:

“The Black Breath Run? Yeah…I know it…been runnin’ it for 20 years or thereabouts. Haulin’ coal and sulfur from Summersville* to Lexington**, and bringing back tools and metalworks…and sometimes muskets too. Yup…200 miles of trail made black from the coal hauls…mostly following what’s left of old route 39 though the Appalachians. If mother nature plays nice, you can make in just under two days. There are a few places you can stop along the way, but Raintown*** is the midpoint, and where most of the convoys stop for the night. It’s not even an actual town…just a big barn about 50 yards off the trail and a handful of folks that raise animals and keep the place together. They even have an honest to goodness doc who can patch you up and check you out, make sure you ain’t sick or nuthin. Thems is good folk, and more than willin to trade...fresh veggies and real eggs and other such things. No better place to stop for the night.”

-Old Vance

* Summersville, West Virginia
**Lexington, Virginia
***Raintown, West Virginia [where the Party calls 'home']
EskrimadorNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #63
EskrimadorNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Lee "the Eel", Looter-for-Hire 250 point character (Experienced Mutated Scavenger) Updated build.

<snip>
Looks good. I'm picturing something along the lines of Thane Krios in appearance...no?
Old 05-11-2016, 04:45 AM   #64
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskrimadorNC View Post
Looks good. I'm picturing something along the lines of Thane Krios in appearance...no?
Well, probably not quite that inhuman looking. That guy has a lot more Freakishness than Lee, in ATE terms. Lee has his webbed fingers and toes, and bumpy skin (from which his Spines emerge). I'll try to come up with a more comprehensive appearance later.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:51 AM   #65
Skullcrusher

Ok never mind I kept Tough skin...reduced Fast draw ammo...didn't think he needed 15 in that skill...14 was ogod enough and also reduced solider down to 13 instead of 14.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1N...ew?usp=sharing

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer

Last edited by Skullcrusher; 05-12-2016 at 07:11 AM.
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:05 PM   #66
Ransom

Backstory (I've taken some liberties with the campaign setting - any of this can be edited as necessary)

Silas F. Longnecker (appearance)

Silas was born in the back of a 2001 Toyota 4Runner during the panic-induced exodus from the cities that began the collapse of the United States. His parents were luckier than most, in that they made it into the mountains before isolated communities started sealing themselves off for fear of the plagues. That didn't mean life was easy, though - both his parents died in the winter of '42, and in the years since he has buried two wives and six children. After his second wife died there wasn't anything keeping him in the Blue Ridge area so he wandered north. He is tough, wily, and wary, and survives by hunting and trading favors with the locals.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #67
EskrimadorNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Ok never mind I kept Tough skin...reduced Fast draw ammo...didn't think he needed 15 in that skill...14 was ogod enough and also reduced solider down to 13 instead of 14.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1N...ew?usp=sharing
You are good to go, Skullcrusher.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #68
EskrimadorNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Backstory (I've taken some liberties with the campaign setting - any of this can be edited as necessary)

Silas F. Longnecker (appearance)

Silas was born in the back of a 2001 Toyota 4Runner during the panic-induced exodus from the cities that began the collapse of the United States. His parents were luckier than most, in that they made it into the mountains before isolated communities started sealing themselves off for fear of the plagues. That didn't mean life was easy, though - both his parents died in the winter of '42, and in the years since he has buried two wives and six children. After his second wife died there wasn't anything keeping him in the Blue Ridge area so he wandered north. He is tough, wily, and wary, and survives by hunting and trading favors with the locals.
That looks good, man. No changes needed. You are all set.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:05 AM   #69
Skullcrusher

Corbin Drakes Backstory: Corbin was born into remote colony of survivors founded by a Militia group that were in place before the apocolypse. They were compose dof ex special forces soldiers and experienced outdoorsmen. Corbin left the colony to pursue adventure.

I know it's kinda light but hope you get the gist.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:58 AM   #70
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Are you waiting for anything from me?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
after the end, ate, post apocalyptic