Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #11
David Johnston2

Default Re: 101 campaign ideas that can be done with only GURPS lite

The Stuff Heroes Are Maid Of: The PCs are the long suffering and very stealthy house staff of an unobservant rich twit who likes to wear a cape and go out and fight crime. Without letting him know that they know, they must find the bad guys, drop maps to the secret lair in front of him, sabotage the defenses of the lair, knock out opponents while he isn't looking, rescue him from death traps, ensure he never has a chance to succumb to the fiendish charms of Femme Fatale and perform general house cleaning duties. But not windows. Those windows haven't been cleaned in over a century. Fortunately he likes it gloomy.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
ClayDowling

23) Soap Opera. It's perverse, but I'd like to try it someday. Gotta find the right group though, because that's pretty much all social interaction.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayDowling View Post
23) Soap Opera. It's perverse, but I'd like to try it someday. Gotta find the right group though, because that's pretty much all social interaction.
I think it's a stretch to do this with Lite only... I would use the Basic Set+Social Engineering...
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
jacobmuller

24] any of the above eras plus Elder Gods (or does each era count as a separate campaign?)
25] The Coffee Shop Pals - contemporary, a life very ordinary but high in accidental comedy
26] 4 pals and a dog, in a van, against creepy crime
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
I think it's a stretch to do this with Lite only... I would use the Basic Set+Social Engineering...
With all due respect to a product I helped playtest...what for? A mundane soap opera has no need for expanded social rank tables, reference societies, or an explanation of how to search a city.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 06-19-2012 at 09:43 AM.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
aesir23

27: A group of young friends wake to a world in which everyone over the age of 16 has disappeared over night.

28: Similarly "Lord of the Flies" the rpg.

29: The heroes believe themselves to be in a medieval village, but gradually discover that they're on a fully automated generation ship, which is mere weeks away from reaching the alien planet of its destination.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
tantric
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego Archive View Post
20 Zombie Apocalypse (missed the zombie outbreak on #1) ---During the the Vietnam War?
I have a friend in prison who plays D&D, but I've been trying to convince him to run SEALS in Vietnam vs the Walking Dead. Could you really run it with just SEALS and everyone else having Lite?
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #18
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric View Post
I have a friend in prison who plays D&D, but I've been trying to convince him to run SEALS in Vietnam vs the Walking Dead. Could you really run it with just SEALS and everyone else having Lite?
Lite doesn't provide zombies, so, you'd need to make something up. Key traits that you'd normally use for a zombie, such as Injury Tolerance, are also missing, so you'd need to create a house rule for the way the zombies take damage.

However, you'd get by with something simple like ST 11, HT 11, DX 8, IQ 8, Will 12, High Pain Threshold, DR 3, and "wounding modifiers do not apply". Then everything else is 'like a zombie'.

Graham