Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-15-2019, 07:35 PM   #1
Dalin

Default Pyramid Dungeon Collection

I've been reading through my copy of Pyramid Dungeon Collection and it's truly one of the best GURPS books I've bought in recent years. It is overflowing with really fun material. The locations alone make it worth the price. The adventures and advice articles are devilishly good icing on the cake.

I hope the book becomes available through Warehouse 23 and, ideally, as a PDF. I will recommend it highly to others in my GURPS and DFRPG circles. Although it is not specifically intended for DFRPG, most of it will work just fine without any other GURPS books. Indeed, for people who have started with DFRPG, the book will be especially useful because they won't have seen any of the articles before.

(Though I'm surprised at how quickly my own memories have faded. Despite having read just about every issue of Pyramid ever published, I remember very little from this collection.)
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Pyramid Dungeon Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
(Though I'm surprised at how quickly my own memories have faded. Despite having read just about every issue of Pyramid ever published, I remember very little from this collection.)
Ditto. That's why I try to keep a list on 'genre' notes with Pyramid articles listed in it for reference.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
mehrkat

I still haven't recieved my pyramid collection pdf I bought through the backerkit of magic items2 kickstarter. I suspect they will have to fulfill those first. Though it would be weird for them not to sell it again in some way.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #4
adm

Phil suggests using this to get it fixed; Please contact kickstart@sjgames.com for support.

It worked for me, it will set you up with a help desk account that is used to track your issue.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:53 PM   #5
Rasputin

Say, this one has been bugging me, but what template would a caravan Noble (p. 84) use if he’s not the adventuring kind? Agent with no discretionary points in weapons?

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #6
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Say, this one has been bugging me, but what template would a caravan Noble (p. 84) use if he’s not the adventuring kind? Agent with no discretionary points in weapons?
(This is, strictly speaking, GURPS DF rather than DFRPG, but since it was an add-on to a DFRPG Kickstarter, I suppose this is where we are.)

If one don't want adventuring-grade aristocrats, I think one falls back on the "moral equivalent of ambulatory bags of cash." They're less characters and more loud, demanding plot devices, several levels of Status and Wealth, possibly with an irksome disadvantage like Jealousy or Overconfident, surrounded by guards. Really, that kind of noble could be any template or none at all. But that's really a question back to the GM: if you don't want an adventuring-type noble, what do you want?

BTW, I don't know if anybody's mentioned it, but has anybody noticed that "Wellsprings of Creation" provides a framework which ties up all the other locations in the Pyramid Dungeon Collection, the freestanding adventures published to date, Caverntown, Tower of Octavius, Hellsgate, and a whole bunch of fantasy-friendly locations from 3rd edition Pyramid into a single Dungeon Fantasy setting?

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #7
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
BTW, I don't know if anybody's mentioned it, but has anybody noticed that "Wellsprings of Creation" provides a framework which ties up all the other locations in the Pyramid Dungeon Collection, the freestanding adventures published to date, Caverntown, Tower of Octavius, Hellsgate, and a whole bunch of fantasy-friendly locations from 3rd edition Pyramid into a single Dungeon Fantasy setting?
Someone noted one could dump all of Noršlond into that as well with no real angst.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:56 AM   #8
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Yes! I loved this. I spent much time over the weekend mulling the cosmology of the setting.

I wondered if this article existed in the past with a smaller set of locations, or if it was created new for this collection.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:40 AM   #9
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I wondered if this article existed in the past with a smaller set of locations, or if it was created new for this collection.
It used an overlapping set of locations. Just as the current version uses fantasy locations currently available, the previous version pulled together locations available at the time by virtue of being part of that edition of Pyramid. For this book, the article had to be heavily revised, since a number of new locations were available (from Pyramid 3rd edition and other publications), but not every author of a location-centric article from 2nd edition Pyramid came forward and a number of locations became therefore unavailable. A bunch of new things came in while a bunch of old ones had to be pulled out.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:25 PM   #10
nudj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
I still haven't recieved my pyramid collection pdf I bought through the backerkit of magic items2 kickstarter. I suspect they will have to fulfill those first. Though it would be weird for them not to sell it again in some way.
If you call W23 they will manually do it right then. That's what I did.
nudj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramid