Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-30-2014, 12:30 PM   #21
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: [IC] X-Wives

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Maldonado says with a hint of irritation, "We haven't made a positive identification yet. If you knew him personally, you might help with that. We also have a recorded call we'd like you listen to. We don't know what happened with the canister. And if you want a look at one of my crime scenes you ask me first. This isn't the dirty 90s."
"I can certainly tell you if it looks like him, but I wouldn't consider a visual inspection as reliable identification. You'll need some serious cellular analysis to remove more doubt."

Crimson simply ignores the statement about the crime scene... She knows she can't disturb anything in her immaterial form and discussing those details would be a waste of time... good luck to her if she wants to keep Crimson away from the investigation....

"Let me hear this call."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #22
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
Rosie softens some as "your being mean" sure sounds like a plea for help from this piece of work failure of a human being Shawna.

"In going to apologize just once, right now, for being mean to you today. Know this: I'm ******... And since you were with him last night, I expect you to be helpful in finding out what happened... Who knew you were getting together last night? Was this a special occasion? Did he talk to you about any Hero work he's been doing recently? When he departed, do you remember any pithy farewell verbiage that might give us a clue as to what or who he may have super heard?"
"Well...my secretary knew that I was renting Destine for the night but I didn't tell her why. She was pretty curious since usually I'd have her handle the invitations for a private party but you know. First Rule of Legend Club. I never broke that one at least." Shawna looks down and the room seems to grow a little darker. She pauses and needs prodding to continue

<>

"It was first time we'd met FTF since the divorce was finalized. I didn't tell anyone he'd call...but I guess he must have talked to that ***** Erika first because she called too. She's...really sneaky. I don't know why she got my hopes up. What did I ever do to her?"

Erika. Rosie's predecessor. During their marriage it had disturbed Rosie a bit that Legend had a couple of times gone off to help Erika with some kind of problem he would never talk about except to describe Erika as "troubled". They'd met later though when Erika was touring the United States as a concert violinist and Rosie suspected that Legend didn't appreciate just how much he was understating the case. He'd been pleased that she'd managed to "get her life together" but buried underneath her smooth European elegance and success she was like a open wound. She'd grown up under Nazi rule. Maybe that was where it came from.

<>

After another prod Shawna gets back on track. "Uh...he did mention that big shipment of drugs he stopped. He said something about having let the Quiet Man slide too long. And he said been in space recently but that was about it."

<>

"Right before he left he muttered something that sounded like 'Damn it, promise. I guess he'd double-booked without remembering until something he heard reminded. Maybe he was supposed to be doing something with the cops? He never was very organized."
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #23
LemmingLord

Mental note: visit Destine,
Check phone records: what phone called legend?
Check Legends Hq files on recent quiet man activity.
Ask police about recent drug case with legend stoping it. Also, any heroes named Promise?

"Was there supposed to be anyone else joining you two? Who was your serving staff? Did you have any plans for after dinner; any other plans you made or romantic stuff - other places you were going later?

"Why did Legend say he wanted to get together? Catch up? Romance? Hero business?"

"Why did Erika call you exactly? What did you and Erika discuss on the call? How did she get your hopes up? what sneakiness? Is she in town? Do you have contact information? Did she sound troubled? Do you have a way to contact other...heroes...who worked with Legend recently?"

"The quiet man? Killing Legend seems too high profile for him... But maybe he was hoping we'd assume that.. " <swears in Scandinavian, the only words in Scandinavian she remembers from her paternal grandmother>

"In space.... Hmm.. He used to say he loved to go there to smile and enjoy his victories... Someone must not have been happy at one of them. What kind of drug ring could get Legend killed..."

"When the cops get to us we can ask if they called Legend in last night... But I have an inkling it was Erika... She was always needing Legend to get her out of trouble...more so then the rest of us I mean..."

"Wait... There aren't any heroes named Promise... Are there?"
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:07 AM   #24
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I can certainly tell you if it looks like him, but I wouldn't consider a visual inspection as reliable identification. You'll need some serious cellular analysis to remove more doubt."
"We have to follow procedure. Actually what we could use is some DNA that definitely came from him."

Quote:
"Let me hear this call."
Maldonado sighs and pulls out a phone and begins to play the message. "Hello? This is the police emergency number?" The voice has an accent. German, Crimson thinks. "I wish to report a murder. You will find the body of Legend inside the drainage tunnel beneath 114th street and underneath Hamilton Avenue." click. Familiar. Yes that voice is familiar.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #25
the_matrix_walker

Crimson asks "Can you play it again for me?" And concentrates on remembering where she knows this voice from.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:38 PM   #26
David Johnston2

Rosie continues to question Shawna.

Quote:
"Was there supposed to be anyone else joining you two?"
"No, if-"

Quote:
"Who was your serving staff?"
"How, would I know? I don't have my own personal waiter. Although it might be-"

Quote:
"Did you have any plans for after dinner; any other plans you made or romantic stuff - other places you were going later?"
Embarrassment "I...guess not."

Quote:
"Why did Legend say he wanted to get together? Catch up? Romance? Hero business?"
"Oh he was super casual." Shawna imitates Legend's bass about as well you'd expect a soprano, "Since you're going to be in town why not visit me in Casa di Fogna because there's nothing I love more than looking in a sewer for the hidden door."

Quote:
"Why did Erika call you exactly?"
She called exactly to mess with my head. I swear it was like being back in prep school with Danica-.

Quote:
"What did you and Erika discuss on the call?"
Irritation. "Will you let me finish answering already?"

After a brief apology Rosie slows down as she continues.
Quote:
"How did she get your hopes up? what sneakiness?"
"Well, she told me-- I mean-- She got me to--" Furious embarrassment before she manages to get out, "Don't you dare laugh. She misled me about Legend still being interested in me. That way. At all."

Quote:
"Is she in town?"
"I guess so. Maybe. When she called me the ring tone was the theme from that cartoon about the superhero dog? You know the one? Anyway I got it back when we were married as a joke for calls from the phone he has inside his little hole in the wall."

Quote:
"Do you have contact information?"
"No, but Legend does. He keeps track of all of us, you know. Like Santa Claus." The lights dim for a moment. "It's in his hole-in-wall with all those dorky trophies of his."

Quote:
"Did she sound troubled?"
"She sounded...smooth, but helpful. Like just another matchmaker just looking to help fix up a lonely friend on a date."

Quote:
"Do you have a way to contact other...heroes...who worked with Legend recently?"
"Oh I don't think he would have worked with any heroes recently. All the time we were married he was still mad at all of them you know. He never said "hero" without "so-called" Oh...don't worry he wasn't talking about you. He was talking about the new ones. He was totally "Hey you kids, get off of my lawn."

Rosie begins talking to herself.

Quote:
"The quiet man? Killing Legend seems too high profile for him... But maybe he was hoping we'd assume that.. " <swears in Scandinavian, the only words in Scandinavian she remembers from her paternal grandmother>"

"In space.... Hmm.. He used to say he loved to go there to smile and enjoy his victories... Someone must not have been happy at one of them. What kind of drug ring could get Legend killed..."

"When the cops get to us we can ask if they called Legend in last night... But I have an inkling it was Erika... She was always needing Legend to get her out of trouble...more so then the rest of us I mean..."

"Wait... There aren't any heroes named Promise... Are there?"
Shawna looks at her blankly.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #27
LemmingLord

This has definitely been enough talking for Rosie. She opens the door to the small room she and Shawna are in, "wait here.."

Rosie begins roaming the detective cubicles assuming someone will ask what she's up to: "Who is the detective thats going to talk to me about my husband... Time is wasting..."
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #28
the_matrix_walker

Crimson will listen to the message again (If Maldonado will play it for her) and try to place the voice.

"It seems familiar... but I can't place it. But maybe I can do something about that DNA. I'll be in touch."

Crimson bursts into a cloud of red smoke and rapidly disperses. She flows through the street and into Legend's lair.

She fetches a few plastic bags and collects Legend's toothbrush and a hairbrush if she can find one with a strand on it or whatever sources of DNA she can think of.

Then she proceeds to the computer terminal and tries to find out if the base security system holds the answers to the questions littered about the ground outside.

Tags
death, in character, robot, superheroes